PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Car Wax, Menzerna Power Lock or ????...for my needs

oak3x
04-11-2010, 07:35 AM
With Autopia being a wonderful site for expert recommendations, I would like your recommendation on an exterior Wax / Sealant.

My car is a 2006 Corvette in Silver Metallic. With only 6000 miles, it stays in the garage most of the time, with little exposure to outside elements. Never sees rain, so extreme protection is not necessary. I am more interested in "the look".

What are your thoughts between Optimum Car Wax and the new Menzerna Power Lock? Or, if you have a strong feeling of another product which works especially good on Silver Metallic.

An important aspect in choosing a product is that it does not diminish the clarity of the Metallic Flakes in the Silver Paint. I only mention this because I had used a product a few years back, which actually hid (diminished) the Metallic Flakes. Because of this, I have been leery.

Any insite you would have would be greatly appreciated!

Dan
04-11-2010, 08:19 AM
I can tell you that OCW will probably mute the flakes and frankly MPL is way too new for me to even consider. I usually wait a year or so before the hype dies down and the real truth comes out, so I`d really skip that one and find a more "known" product. BFWD looks really good on silver and doesn`t really mute the flake but it does color shift it. A classic that really seems to amplify metallic flake for me is Megs #16, if you can find any.

imported_Devilsown
04-11-2010, 09:42 AM
I agree m16 looks good for a wax I have used and LOVE 1z Glanz Wax on my silver, make the flakes "pop" I also use Zanio z2. If you do a really good polish job on it then apply a sealant (as seeing as its silver) should be looking all sexed up

steelwind101
04-11-2010, 11:28 AM
RMG really brings out pearl and metalic pop. Topped with Wolfgang Sealant 3.0 its a winner for me on silver!

oak3x
04-11-2010, 12:37 PM
RMG really brings out pearl and metalic pop. Topped with Wolfgang Sealant 3.0 its a winner for me on silver!

RMG is ???

Sorry

2005GTPinMD
04-11-2010, 12:45 PM
This might be a bit old school but "Menzerna" Full Molecular Jacket really makes the metal flakes pop on my Space Gray BMW and my wife`s Blue-Metallic Benz.

black03mach
04-11-2010, 04:08 PM
look into the werkstat and klasse line they are sealants that will really pop the flake.

Junebug
04-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Blackfire WD or Autoglym HD - or both!

bwalker25
04-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Wolfgang Deep Gloss 3.0 is superb, and so is Klasse, and I like to use IW845 by Collinite.