PDA

View Full Version : products

extrem clean
04-11-2010, 12:03 AM
what is the perfect line of detailing products for inside and out

alloutdetailing
04-11-2010, 12:15 AM
HAHA this is a questions that no one can answer! My products are perfect and the best for me. But!!! might not be the same for another detailer.

Accumulator
04-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Extrem Clean- Welcome to Autopia!

Heh heh, that`s like asking "what`s the best brand of beverage?"

You won`t go wrong with any of the "major players" in the industry. Beyond that, it`s a question of using the right product for the job, using it *properly*, and finding out how the little differences between the brands (and between products within the brands) appeal/don`t to your personal preferences.

But since that`s probably not even close to the answer you`re after, I`ll say that *generally speaking* one could do a lot worse than just using Meguiar`s.

1sty
04-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Acetone. It will clean anything.

BigAl3
04-18-2010, 09:52 PM
if you want to stick with one line, megs is the way to go...

teacherray
04-19-2010, 06:54 AM
I agree with the others comments and would add ...the one you will use. Seriously I have lots of products purchased over the years (hundreds of dollars worth) that were never or only used once. I find myself going back the same several favorites. Learn how to properly use the products you choose , until you get consistent results and use it, use it, use it.

a.k.a. Patrick
04-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Optimum, great polishes and protectants as well as all purpose cleaners and leather/vinyl protectants.

imported_RyansAutoDetail
04-20-2010, 09:20 PM
for OTC, cant go wrong with most of meguiars line but do not buy the tire shine spray, its messy and doesnt do that great of a job as many other tire dressings do ....

i would say just as the above, buy a few products to try with proper use and try new products with improved methods that work for u to get the best results then stick with that brand whether it is an OTC or not

JohnKleven
04-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Mark-V has a pretty solid line of cleaners, solvents, degreasers, etc. BUT, their polishes don`t hold a candle next to Menzerna, and waxes don`t compare to any of the higher end stuff. Sonax is very solid, but unfortunately a majority of their products are not yet available in the states.

John

extrem clean
04-24-2010, 11:18 PM
as far as ordering products do any of u have accounts? how do u go about buying products

paco
04-25-2010, 09:01 AM
Probably Optimum is the simplest approach and most reliable as an entire line as there isn`t a lot of confusion with their products.

Meguiars is equally as good but man if you don`t understand their product lines and products it can be quite daunting to figure out what to buy depending on how you approach detailing (by hand, by machine etc.). ie consumer line, pro line, detailer line etc.

That being said, I`m partial to Zaino and filling in certain products with Menzerna for a more serious polish. My

Washing:

Traditional 2 bucket wash: Zaino Car Wash

New Approach 2 bucket wash without rinsing: Optimum No Rinse (ONR)

Polishing:

Menzerna 106/85RD or

Meguiars 105/205

Waxing

Zaino Z2 with Z6 as a light duty cleaner

Interior and Tires

Zaino protectant and Zaino Rubber

Leather Maintenance

Zaino leather cleaner and protectant

Leather Deep clean

Leather Masters or Leatherique

Carpets

Optimum PowerClean or

Meguiars APC APC+ or

Folex

General Cleaning

Optimum PowerClean or

Meguiars APC

The other lines to consider would be ChemicalGuys, Poorboy`s or Autoglym or even AutoInt Valuguard or Clearkote.

metalwax
05-02-2010, 08:15 PM
has anybody here ever used P&S sales products out of hayward CA. i have used them since 1976 and always go back to them. really not one perfict brand for all. i use a little each from differant manufactures. :)

getcha
05-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Meguiars Mirror Glaze and Detailer lines, if you absolutely had to choose just one, would cover all your bases IMO. Just to be sure I would pick up PO85RD for a really super nice light finishing polish.

Optimum has a fantastic setup as well. Sometimes not everyone fancies such a long working time though

AeroCleanse
05-02-2010, 08:42 PM
what is the perfect line of detailing products for inside and out

The one you create from lots of sources.