PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Recommendation

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Gmcsierra2000
04-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Hi Everyone, I`m new to detailing and was looking for recommendations on microfiber towels. Specifically for removing polishing residue and polishing dust from soft paint (Acura NBP). I tried using some cheap ones I had and that only resulted in scratching the paint again. Thanks in advance

MrCLRider
04-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Look thru Chemical Guys website. Yellow with black edging are very nice, blue 550`s are very good too! All in all you cannot go wrong with any towel with them!

Wasatch
04-10-2010, 03:38 PM
I would recommend Pakshak.

Camaro5Ryan
04-10-2010, 03:56 PM
So long as they don`t have tags your in good shape.. Don`t use fabric softener, and don`t dry on medium/high heat.. personally I air fluff my MF towels

Rtom
04-10-2010, 04:08 PM
I have yet to come across a "terrible" microfiber.

Even the OTC cheapies that have tags work well for any detailing work, just have to be careful of the tags.

I find the worst ones are always the ones with the mar inducing seams.

Legacy
04-10-2010, 04:27 PM
I would recommend Pakshak.

2nd Pakshak mf towels.

oak3x
04-11-2010, 06:55 AM
PakShak... Best MF and Customer Service with Ranney!!!

audi2.7t
04-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Whole Sale Distributor of Microfibers (http://www.stocktowelsnow.com/)

This is a great distributor. I have personally ordered from them before, and i can tell you they have great towels. The "heavy" towel is absolutely awesome! The quality is on par with CG and you really cant beat the price.

MrCLRider
04-11-2010, 11:28 AM
I will be posting pics when I get my heavy towel from "Whole Sale Distributor of Microfibers" in the next coming day, if they pan out I will be ordering a dozen.

Accumulator
04-11-2010, 11:34 AM
I`ve had all sorts of negative experiences with cheap MFs, from excessive linting, to becoming threadbare very quickly, to, worst of all....marring.

IMO the short answer is either PakShak or AutoGeek. OR is Exceldetail back up and running?

Kean
04-11-2010, 11:37 AM
I have yet to come across a "terrible" microfiber.

Even the OTC cheapies that have tags work well for any detailing work, just have to be careful of the tags.

I find the worst ones are always the ones with the mar inducing seams. .....I have come across several (both OTC and "boutique") that were poor performers. A more recent example of the latter that comes to mind was the plush Shamrock towels from AG. I had high hopes for this one but was sorely dissapointed when I witnessed just how bad each of the towels I had purchased were shedding (leaving little green fibers everywhere on the surface). Apparently there were mixed reviews and talk of a bad batch but mine were the ones that were supposedly the newer/better version. Personally, I like to buy some "testers" first (if I am unsure) to see how they work so I`m not stuck with bunch of towels I can`t use for their intended purpose. ....I have enough "demoted" ones to last me while.

imported_Shaun Carollo
04-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Whole Sale Distributor of Microfibers (http://www.stocktowelsnow.com/)

This is a great distributor. I have personally ordered from them before, and i can tell you they have great towels. The "heavy" towel is absolutely awesome! The quality is on par with CG and you really cant beat the price.

Very happy to read this! I was planning on placing an order tomorrow. I don`t mean to hijack but does anybody know what the highest grams per square meter towels are?

2007TBSS
04-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Look thru Chemical Guys website. Yellow with black edging are very nice!

Thanks! Ordered!

tdonnelly0987
04-11-2010, 09:03 PM
CG Blue 550`s 3-pack for $9.99---http://www.chemicalguys.com/MONSTER_MICROFIBER_JUMBO_ABSORBER_p/mic_1100_03.htm

Awesome Deal!

Striker
04-11-2010, 10:42 PM
I will be posting pics when I get my heavy towel from "Whole Sale Distributor of Microfibers" in the next coming day, if they pan out I will be ordering a dozen.

Please keep us posted. I am liking what I see on the site. Awesome prices!