PDA

View Full Version : ONR: When NOT to use it

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Devilsown
04-08-2010, 09:37 PM
I`ve seen a plethora (big word of the day:dance) of ONR threads of "its the best" or "this stuff sucks", I myself LOVE the stuff and have converted a few non-detail people to the stuff GO ME! So I`m sure its self explanatory BUT what would be a good scenario of when NOT to use ONR on your car?

craigdt
04-08-2010, 09:43 PM
When you dont want to easily and quicky leave your vehicle clean and shiney.

imported_advs1
04-08-2010, 09:50 PM
When you dont want to easily and quicky leave your vehicle clean and shiney.

or you just got back from a day of off road mud fun

MichaelSpoots
04-08-2010, 10:32 PM
:ignore:lock:

I think we all know the conditions of cars that are and are not suitable for ONRing. :grinno:

Danspeed1
04-08-2010, 10:43 PM
When you would normally use a power washer instead....

DG

imported_Devilsown
04-09-2010, 04:40 AM

DG

ok, I like that one

GlossyTundra
04-09-2010, 05:29 AM
For me, if the car has visible dirt particles on the surface or in cracks/crevices (sand, dirt, road grime etc) then it gets hose washed. If its just dusty, after a rain storm, after polishing, a weeks worth of dry driving, then it gets ONR.

Boston Man
04-09-2010, 06:21 AM
For me, if the car has visible dirt particles on the surface or in cracks/crevices (sand, dirt, road grime etc) then it gets hose washed. If its just dusty, after a rain storm, after polishing, a weeks worth of dry driving, then it gets ONR.

What about if it`s covered in pollen? After a week, it`s covered in pollen but it`s not really DIRT-y. I can see the little pollen particles. Can / should I still ONR it?

PerroneFord
04-09-2010, 08:03 AM
What about if it`s covered in pollen? After a week, it`s covered in pollen but it`s not really DIRT-y. I can see the little pollen particles. Can / should I still ONR it?

Odd you should ask. Here in N. FL., the pollen has been as bad as I can ever remember. I`ve been using a product similar to ONR called DP Rinseless Wash. And I`ve been using it about twice a week on my car. I just got my first shipment of detailing supplies from AutoGeek today and I ordered ONR this time. Not that anything is wrong with the DP, I just wanted to try something different.

In my opinoin, the ONR style or just rinseless wash has been WONDERFUL for dealing with the pollen. A quick 30 minutes and it`s all gone. Until the following morning! :)

Dan
04-09-2010, 08:19 AM

DG

Along the same lines I use, if I could actually pick up dirt off the paint with my fingers, its a no-go.

TNWIII
04-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Wasn`t able to use during the winter months due to the brine solution used on the local roads, which ONR was unable to deal with the oils in the solution, which resulted in areas on the car and glass, which could not be removed. Went to a regular car soap and all was good.

I use DP`s Waterless wash when there`s a great deal of dirt (pollen, dirt, dust, etc.) and then follow-up with ONR in a Quick Detail mix to get any missed stuff and add some shine, since DP does not have any wax or gloss enhancers.

kkreit01
04-09-2010, 10:22 AM
I only use it when the conditions outside don`t allow conventional washes. I love ONR, but nothing beats a hose IMO.

For some, why would you even wash if you can`t "pick up dirt off the paint with my fingers"? If that`s the case, there`s no use for the product (other than QD).

Accumulator
04-09-2010, 10:25 AM
[Flamesuit ON]

When it`s my vehicle.

tonipieleanu
04-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Unless its caked in mud, otherwise ONR will do just fine. Just keep the areas small and rinse the sponge/mitt often.

Flashtime
04-09-2010, 12:22 PM
When its durty. :grinno: