PDA

View Full Version : What happens if your wax melted..

DeltaSniper
04-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Okay, I lent out my tub of collinite to my friend and he told me he put the canister on top of a heater to melt the wax so he could apply it quicker, does this have any adverse effects on the wax?

JohnKleven
04-08-2010, 08:52 PM
I have never run across this before, but I assume if it doesn`t seperate when it cools it`s probably ok. I would just backhand your friend, or make him buy you a new one, and tell him he`s lucky it wasn`t Zymol Royale.

XRL
04-08-2010, 10:53 PM
When the Megs #16 showed up out of nowhere most canisters were a bit goopy and ugly. So what most people did was melt them down in a double boiler type thing, and then let the cool back down. I haven`t had any problems with mine since doing that, and it actually made it firm up a decent amount (it was like jelly before, it`s like a medium thickness wax now).

DeltaSniper
04-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Hmm. Alright thanks for the replies guys! I must admit though Collinite 476 is actually hard to the point where I use a knife to shave a bit off the top and then I would use the orbital to melt it down on the cars hood.

Big Leegr
04-09-2010, 01:15 PM
One thing to consider, though, is that some of the solvents may have been heated out of the wax. This may adversely affect the wax (looks/longevity/workability/etc.)