PDA

View Full Version : AA Spray Wax

Pages : [1] 2

XRL
04-07-2010, 07:10 PM
So I broke down and bought some of the Armor All wheel protector stuff, and decided to try out their spray & shine wax stuff. Seems like it`ll work out well as a between waxes booster. Anyone tried it yet?

nonwelder
04-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Just received some from my parents. I`m a big OTC guy and I am hoping this is a decent product. Hope to use it soon!

BIGDAVE
04-08-2010, 08:20 AM
So I broke down and bought some of the Armor All wheel protector stuff, and decided to try out their spray & shine wax stuff. Seems like it`ll work out well as a between waxes booster. Anyone tried it yet?

Let us know if you like it. It is priced right and available everywhere.

BIGDAVE
04-08-2010, 08:29 AM

Let us know what you think when you try it. I have seen it everywhere and it is in my price range (cheap).

Tuck91
04-08-2010, 04:00 PM
I tested it out and it was not as good as I thought it would be.

Dan
04-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Curious how it compares to the top dogs like AW and OCW. I hope its better than the spray EO Nanowax, holy smoke is that stuff watered down.

XRL
04-08-2010, 06:56 PM
I actually really like the EO Nanowax. I don`t expect it to be a full wax in a bottle, I like it for a nice wipe down after a wash to keep the wax up healthy.

That said, I`ve got no OCW or AW to compare it to. I will say, this stuff is pretty damn thick in the bottle. Like, it`s thicker by a decent amount than their car wash. I actually needed some more soap and decided to get this instead of their carwash soap because their soap was like water. This stuff claims to be "made with real carnauba", so we`ll see.

Dsoto87
04-08-2010, 07:23 PM
ahem, while we`re on the subject of OTC spray waxes......I know ill probably catch a lot of flak for this....... but the TW ICE spray WAX (not detailer) is pretty decent.

blucpe
04-09-2010, 04:24 PM
ahem, while we`re on the subject of OTC spray waxes......I know ill probably catch a lot of flak for this....... but the TW ICE spray WAX (not detailer) is pretty decent.

on the contrary, i`ve used tw ice in the past just because it`s so easy to use, especially when you don`t have a lot of time, it`s not a bad product, i just prefer to use others.

longdx
04-09-2010, 04:57 PM
@Dsoto87: I agree that the TW Ice spray wax is pretty good ( I still think that TW Express Shine is a better value).

Dsoto87
04-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Havent used the express shine yet but I do really like the spray wax. I dont know if its my batch of OCW getting old but the past few times ive gotten some streaks and hard to remove residue when working in the sun with it.

Aqua wax works great as usual but the Ice spray wax works just as good in the sun and fills slightly.

Besides their dressings, most Armor All stuff just doesnt cut it for me.

BIGDAVE
04-09-2010, 09:24 PM
@Dsoto87: I agree that the TW Ice spray wax is pretty good ( I still think that TW Express Shine is a better value).

If you have not already tried it, you should give Mothers FX Spray Wax a whirl. A great value($6.26 for 24oz. at Kragen), as easy to use as DGAW and a noticeable look(bright and shiny). I just recently got a bottle of Mothers Reflections Spray Wax and have used it very little. It is almost like a gel and not as easy to use, but has a nice look. I still like Aquawax the best but no longer have a Carquest nearby...guess I`ll have to order a gallon, or...try OCW. :lol

Alfisti
04-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Mothers Spray Waxes are excellent. Reflections is deeper and FX is brighter. Pick which suits your colour.

BigAl3
04-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Besides their dressings, most Armor All stuff just doesnt cut it for me.

agreed, i tried the AA wash & wax right when it came out and did not care for it and thought it was a waste of money. the only thing i like from AA and use quite often is their original tire foam and tire shine gel...

Dsoto87
04-10-2010, 06:56 PM
If you have not already tried it, you should give Mothers FX Spray Wax a whirl. A great value($6.26 for 24oz. at Kragen), as easy to use as DGAW and a noticeable look(bright and shiny). I just recently got a bottle of Mothers Reflections Spray Wax and have used it very little. It is almost like a gel and not as easy to use, but has a nice look. I still like Aquawax the best but no longer have a Carquest nearby...guess I`ll have to order a gallon, or...try OCW. :lol

Mothers Spray Waxes are excellent. Reflections is deeper and FX is brighter. Pick which suits your colour.

Thanks. Ive always wanted to try a few of mothers items. The synwax always seems to be calling me but I always end up passing. The reflections top coat is another thing I was interested in. Anyone ever used that stuff?

Man sorry for the huge thread jack btw.

Another great OTC find is Eagle Ones new gel wax. $4 at kragens/oreillys. I picked up a couple bottles. That stuff is easy as hell to use and looks great also. Cant comment on durability yet though, but at $4 you cant complain