PDA

View Full Version : ONR question

ironexecutioner
04-07-2010, 08:24 AM
So I was using my ONR the other day and wondered.. Could I just mix this up using the directed proportions and put it in a spray bottle for easier use than filling a bucket? Or would that be a bad idea... Obviously still using 1 bucket for rinsing. And if I can do this without a prob, could I leave any that I mix and don`t use in there and just shake it up a bit and finish using it on a future wash?

DRT
04-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Someone else with more experience might chime in, but I personally stick to a bucket with the mixture so I can totally saturate my mitt, sponge, etc before it touches the vehicle. I just want to make sure that there is plenty of lubrication so I dont induce marring, etc from not using enough onr. I have however mixed some up in a spray bottle and pre-soaked the vehicle with onr before using the bucket and sponge just for some added lubrication.

dervdave
04-07-2010, 08:58 AM
So I was using my ONR the other day and wondered.. Could I just mix this up using the directed proportions and put it in a spray bottle for easier use than filling a bucket?

I use ONR this way when the vehicles aren`t too dirty, like a QD on steriods or waterless wash no problems.

:xyxthumbs

nosbusa1700
04-07-2010, 09:12 AM
So I was using my ONR the other day and wondered.. Could I just mix this up using the directed proportions and put it in a spray bottle for easier use than filling a bucket? Or would that be a bad idea... Obviously still using 1 bucket for rinsing. And if I can do this without a prob, could I leave any that I mix and don`t use in there and just shake it up a bit and finish using it on a future wash?

As said above as long as it`s not that dirty.

I normally use the ONR in a spray bottle when there`s heavy pollen, or maybe after a very light rain. If there`s much dirt, I just do a regular ONR wash. To be on the safe side.

No problems so far.

ironexecutioner
04-07-2010, 09:27 AM
pollen was exactly why I was thinking. My car turned ywllow in 2 days. Figured it`d be real convenient to wipe down daily or there abouts in a spray bottle

LICamaro85
04-07-2010, 10:46 AM
I do this all the time except I use the 8oz per gallon which is for a QD. I just mist my towel than get the panel pretty good and wet and LIGHTLY wipe down flip to a clean side and wipe dry. I also keep another spray bottle that has a mixture of roughly 12oz per gallon that I use this to soak the lower panels or behind the wheels when they are a little dirtier than I go over it as normal. I do this everyday to every other day and I have no marring on my daily driver. I do a normal wash usually everyweek or every other week depending on the time I have. I clean the entire car with it when I do the QD wipedowns. Everything from the windows,paint and the rims than I redress the tires and trim and I am done all of which takes about 15 min.

That is for my daily driver for the other two cars that are garage kept I do a wipedown once a week just to keep any light dust off of them so when I get the urge to take one out I do not have to bother cleaning or dressing anything on them.

- LI 85

efnfast
04-07-2010, 11:50 AM
pollen was exactly why I was thinking. My car turned ywllow in 2 days. Figured it`d be real convenient to wipe down daily or there abouts in a spray bottle

I wouldn`t want to wipe down my car daily - everytime you touch it, no matter how careful, you risk marring the clearcoat.

LICamaro85
04-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Yes you might "Risk" marring the finish but if you do it correctly and are careful you will not do any damage to your paint. My car is living proof, I do this 200+ times a year and there is no micro-marring at all.

- LI 85

99blackSE
04-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Yes you might "Risk" marring the finish but if you do it correctly and are careful you will not do any damage to your paint. My car is living proof, I do this 200+ times a year and there is no micro-marring at all.

- LI 85

Pending on environmental factors and the type of paint I could agree with that. Where I live though and with FBP Honda paint it`s damn hard not to.