PDA

View Full Version : Viewing forums on cell phone.

Pages : [1] 2

Ben@3D
04-05-2010, 02:49 PM
We have had a couple of people request that we install tapatalk on Autopia.

Tapatalk is a forum app for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Nokia.

Before considering cell phone browsing on Autopia, we wanted to know what those on the forums though. Would you use it or is there something better out there?

Please give your two cents.

Dan
04-05-2010, 03:08 PM
The stock browsers on Android and iPhone work well with this forum and if you have a BB or WinMo Opera mini works great with this forum too.

Dan
04-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Also, aren`t there some lighter/fastload skins that can be added to the board?

imported_advs1
04-06-2010, 12:48 AM
tapatalk is awesome for forums. from what i have heard easy for forum admins to add

JaredPointer
04-06-2010, 08:41 AM
Tapatalk is great. I have wondered why Autopia wasn`t one of the first detailing sites to adopt it. I know I visit 4 others already on my iphone using Tapatalk, and just for reading`s sake it`s so much easier on the device.

RustyBumper
04-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Is this app. available for Android phones? If so, is it free? If I`m not mistaken, it`s available for iPhones, but you have to pay $2.99 for it.

alloutdetailing
04-06-2010, 09:05 AM
I use a droid and it`s straight. I would see how it would be better if installed since some people get stuck on a job and need to look something up and someone coud get pissed off trying to find something on there cell without a proper app. Haha I know it happen to me b4 getting a droid. DROID DOES!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA

RustyBumper
04-06-2010, 09:14 AM
I use a droid and it`s straight. I would see how it would be better if installed since some people get stuck on a job and need to look something up and someone coud get pissed off trying to find something on there cell without a proper app. Haha I know it happen to me b4 getting a droid. DROID DOES!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA

By straight, do you mean good? In your last sentence, DROID DOES!, what did you mean by that?

I`m not trying to be sarcastic or anything else, I`m just a bit confused by your post. Thanks. :)

JaredPointer
04-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Is this app. available for Android phones? If so, is it free? If I`m not mistaken, it`s available for iPhones, but you have to pay $2.99 for it.

They have a free reader. The $2.99 app allows you to reply and post pics and such.

imported_advs1
04-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Tapatalk is great. I have wondered why Autopia wasn`t one of the first detailing sites to adopt it. I know I visit 4 others already on my iphone using Tapatalk, and just for reading`s sake it`s so much easier on the device.

i have only found one. what are some of the ones you have visited? PM if necc

Prelude_ghost
04-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Would it work on Palm`s PRE (WebOS)?

Ben@3D
05-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback. We will install it sometime in the next few months. Many improvements on the way first!

Jumpingbean
06-06-2010, 10:48 AM
I just installed Tapatalk and use it on Autogeekonline all the time. I`d love to be able to do the same on Autopia. It`s much faster than waiting for the entire page to load through a web browser.

2007TBSS
06-06-2010, 10:55 AM
I use Opera Mini and it works pretty well, but i would be willing to try something new.

Ben@3D
06-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Not to worry, I we will be installing Tapatalk in the near future.