PDA

View Full Version : Best filling glaze

pomme
04-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Hiya guys,

I am on the look out for a glaze to use after polishing up with 105, for any defects which cant be removed, ie not enough clear left etc. So a nice glaze which could be used to fill these, even if a few coats are needed, would be nice to have in my armory.

Ive heard about Poorbiys black hol, danase wet glaze, chemical guys ez creme. But have heard the ez creme has abrasives so couldnt be layered?

What would you guys suggest.

Cheers

Andrew

Nagz
04-05-2010, 12:20 PM
you should follow up with a finer polish to remove haze/marring from 105 before you glaze.

Accumulator
04-05-2010, 12:22 PM
pomme- Actually, I`d suggest not finishing up with M105, but rather with a different/milder product. Might not even *use* M105 if the paint was that thin.

IMO if M105 won`t take out some flaw, then no glaze is likely to conceal it anyhow. IME glazes/etc. often only conceal light stuff, like the micromarring that M105 leaves behind.

To make residual scratches less obvious, I`d go for overall gloss, which I`d achieve by gently polishing the whole car to a nice luster, even if that meant not getting the deep flaws out.

I`m not up to speed on today`s glazes, but Autoglym SRP fills nicely for an AIO.

pomme
04-05-2010, 12:25 PM
doh sorry i meant after 205 doh.

Dan
04-05-2010, 12:29 PM
IMO if M105 won`t take out some flaw, then no glaze is likely to conceal it anyhow.

Agree. No glaze is magic.

Accumulator
04-05-2010, 12:35 PM
pomme- Ah, OK, roger that. Sorta the same thing though...beyond using some kind of filling product and some LSP that`s forgiving of imperfection (e.g., NXT or some "heavy wax" like Collinite paste or Blitz), it`s hard to hide anything that`s bad enough to bug somebody who`s particular.

I`d see how things look after the M205.

SilverJag
04-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Try 205 on white followed by menz 85rd on black. If you used 105/205 properly, a filler wouldn`t really help - as there is not much to fill (RIDS usually cannot be filled).

As for fillers, I`ve used Prima Banana Gloss, PB Black Hole, SRP, and Bilt Hamber AB; IMO, it seems they are all pretty good fillers.

Oh, NXT fills a little too, but I find that the above products fill in much better.

Hope that helps.

b2matt
04-07-2010, 01:05 PM
3M UF:2thumbs: Awsome stuff. I usually follow that up with CG EZ Creme then BFWD......talk about some slick paint:wow::usa

99blackSE
04-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Clearkote RMG for darks, PB WDG for lights.

JSFM35X
04-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Poorboys black hole for dark colors and white diamonds for light colors. topped with a good LSP sealant for Nuba and it hold for a surprisingly long time. I am a weekend warrior who does more damage loving the cars that I care to admit with pictures. I own too much equipment and juice yet I cannot seem to perfect my own vehicles. I will settle for not frigging them up too badly and the above 2 products save my A$$.

Plus they are reasonably priced

Accumulator
04-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Hmm..in hindsight I`m sorta surprised I didn`t recommend Autoglym SRP :think: