PDA

View Full Version : Storing Meguiars NXT 2.0

ppastos
04-03-2010, 02:28 AM
I think I made a mistake in forgetting where I last left the NXT 2.0 wax. Well it turns out it was outside in freezing temps all winter long. I find it and open up the can and its not looking so good, Not like new.

Should I trash it and get a new can or should i save it. Half a can is left and I want to use it to remove some swirl marks on my car.

Thanks for this great site!!!

imported_Bence
04-03-2010, 06:15 AM
Trash can.

However, you can`t *remove* swirls with it, as it doesn`t have abrasives. It will only hide minor imperfections.

WaxManRonnie
04-03-2010, 06:38 AM
Bad or good. Trash is where it belongs.

nosbusa1700
04-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Like Bence said, NXT 2.0 will only hide not remove swirls, and light, light scratches.

Meguiars make some stuff called SwirlX that you could use.. Not sure if WM has it or not. I know WM or your local auto parts place carries Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner. It does an ok job on swirls and light scratches. Then you can apply your new can of paste, or liquid of NXT 2.0.

ppastos
04-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Well I got some Meguiars clear coat safe polish because I am new to detailing and I wanted something as light as possible. That needed a lot of work to do its job but better than damaging the paint due to my in experience.

How much more dangerous is the Swirl-X than the new polish Meguiars came out with?

Can I put Collinite over NXT 2.0 to keep the fillers on the paint as long as possible?

Thanks for your time guys

imported_Bence
04-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Use the NXT 2.0 Paste. It hides more, lasts longer than the liquid, and has far less chance to smear or streak.

When you wanna use a Colly, use it as a base first (always use the most durable element from a combo as a base), then use the NXT. Although it contains VERY mild cleaners, if you apply it gently by hand, it won`t disturb the original Colly layer.