PDA

View Full Version : Zaino expert help

Pages : [1] 2

lotus425
04-02-2010, 11:05 PM
I picked up a bundle from the zainostore.com website and am having questions about how to use these products on my 2000 Porsche (arctic silver).

My bundle consists of Z-AIO (all in one), Z-CS clear seal, Z-8 Grand finale spray, Z-18 claybar, Z-2 polish, Z-5 polish, Z-FX acclerator, and Z-PC swirl remover.

Here is my plan

1. Wash and rinse off

2. Z-18 claybar

3. Z-PC polish with mechanized random orbital polisher

4. Rinse off

5. Z-AIO with Z-FX

6. Z-5 with Z-FX

7. Z-2 with Z-FX

8. Z-CS clear seal

9. Z-8 Grand Finale Spray

Am I doing this correctly? Can someone suggest a better sequence for this detail job?

LICamaro85
04-03-2010, 01:05 AM
Sounds about right except you do not need to add Z-FX to your Z-AIO. I also do not rinse off between the Z-PC and the Z-5pro.

If it were me I would not put down the AIO i would put down two layers of Z-5 and one of Z-2. That is just what I do since there really is no need to put down AIO since you are polishing with Z-pc.

Also do not expect the Z-pc to do a hole lot of correction. Z-pc is VERY gentle to the paint. It will only take out very fine swirls VERY fine. I usally use Z-PC as a last step in my polishing process.

What kind of Orbital polisher are you using? If you are using a cheap one from pep boys or something do not even bother using the Z-PC it will not do anything just use the Z-AIO instead of the Z-PC.

If you have any questions of any sort let me know I have been using Zaino for years and love it.

- LI 85

gtppilot
04-03-2010, 06:40 AM
Looks like you got it right. You should also use z-6 between layers. Gets rid of dust and residual stuff and makes the surface slicker which helps get THIN even layers. Probably could do same by making a 50/50 mix of Z8 and Distilled Water.

In fact, I like to keep a bottle of 50/50 Z6/H20 handy to take care of smears and stuff when I insist on working in high humidity or apply something a little too heavy.

WaxManRonnie
04-03-2010, 06:45 AM
I have no experience with the all-in-one stuff.

You should have picked up the Z6 spray to use in

between coats of Z5 & Z2.

I`d do 2 coats of each. Very thin. That`s the key.

Apply the Z8 last or the clear seal. I haven`t used

the CS at all. Z8 might be good enough. Just make sure

there isn`t a spec on the car when you apply it.

wannafbody
04-03-2010, 07:00 AM
Skip #4. Just wipedown with some Z6 to remove any polishing dust from the ZPC. Use very little ZPC-microdots on the pad. Don`t add ZFX to ZAIO.

If using Z5 with ZFX you can skip the ZAIO. Or you can do:

ZAIO

Z2 W ZFX

You can use ZCS or Z8 as a touch up at a later date. Remember 3 coats max per day with Zaino.

nosbusa1700
04-03-2010, 10:34 AM
In my experience with Zaino, the Z-AIO looks pretty darn good by itself. Z-2 added maybe a little more to the paint, but nothing that noticeable. Z-AIO I would say is just as durable as the Z2 and Z5.

Also, with Zaino, the Z-2 is recommended for lighter color cars, and Z-5 for darker. You can use them both/together on either, but this is what Zaino states on their site.

Just a suggestion.

I would either buy some Z-6 like some here have said, or go by my local Carquest, or NAPA and see if they have Duragloss FC&S. FC&S works just like Z-6.. I have both the Z-6 and FC&S and really can`t tell the difference in the two.

Fwiw. DG has similar products as well that does the same things as Zaino, but at a lesser cost. Both products are interchangeable with each other. I have both and can`t really tell them apart.

I remember back in the day when I bought Zaino everything. Then after a while I realized I only needed Z-AIO, Z2, & Z5 (I have light and dark vehicles) & Z-6 & Z-8.

Now if I use Zaino, I normally only use Z-AIO, and Z6, or Z8. I cut the process down dramatically. :D

HRBB
04-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Hi, I`m from HK and I`ve been talking with the Zaino reps here some months ago about Zaino on a demo workshop.

From what they`ve said, ZAIO can be used by its own with brilliant result, but it also acts as a foundation for laying Z-2, Z-5, etc. Even with Zfx Z-2Pro, I can see some differents with / without ZAIO layered.

I use ZAIO, Z-2, Z-6, ZCS and Z-8, and found that Z-2 is quite easy to WO/WO with ZAIO used. ZCS is really helpful when I dun hv much time (I`m so OCD on Zaino`ing my car every other month) And the shine is:shocked I must say I`m a happy user of 3 months time. :D Glad that we have such good product imported.

wannafbody
04-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Z8 just takes it to the next level.

paco
04-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Lotus.. you might want to skip the CS step. Interesting idea but doesn`t really do anything except extra $$$ spent and time.

You should also pick up some Z6.. it goes a long way and you can cut as mentioned above 50/50 distilled water if you`re using it between coats etc. However, I perfer full strength Z6 for a post wash cleaner.

As for Z2/Z5.... realistically, you only need one. The claimed Z5 potential fillings is extremely slight. Z2 is more optically perfect so I`d just say go with Z2... no real for both Z2 and Z5 layer. Just an added level of complexity that isn`t needed. That being said, i do seem to like Z5 on dark colored cars a bit better then Z2... a bit more wet look to it since it isn`t as optically clear.

Simply.. prep - Wash (Z7 is really good too), Clay and Polish (PC or AIO is a very light polish ie chemical cleaner than abrasive).

Z6 50% strength

Z2/Z5 with ZFX

Z6 50% strength

Z2/Z5 with ZFX

Z6 50% strength

Z2/Z5 with ZFX

Z8

nosbusa1700
04-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Something cool I`ve found with Z-AIO. It works very well on trim and other plastic parts.

I removed water spots with it and the trim looks great for a long time.. Just re-did my trim tonight with it as a matter of fact.

Just thought I would share this with others.

LICamaro85
04-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Yea Zaino is very good on trim,rubber,plastic,glass. I use Z-AIO for all my glass cleaning. I polish the outside of the windows/windshield with a PC and Z-AIO and do the insides by hand with Z-AIO and it comes out amazing.

-LI 85

lotus425
04-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. I finished detailing my car this weekend. Over two day period, I washed, clayed, polished and applied 1 coat of Z-AIO, 2 coats of Z-5 (Fx enabled), 1 coat of Z-CS, and 1 coat of Z-8 grand finale spray. It started raining today just as I was enjoying the remarkable shine. Zaino has been fun to work with.

RyanGambrill
09-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Hello - I used the ZFX, Z-6, and Z-CS a few months ago. Was going to add another layer of Z-CS as a touch up.

Noticed that the surface has a nice looking finish but not super slick and smooth.

I then applied Z-6 to wipe the light dust off of the paint.

What is the best way to get the glassy smooth finish?

cheetoh
09-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Is ZFX only used when doing multiple coats in one day, or should I use it even with a Single coat of Z-5??

Dan
09-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Is ZFX only used when doing multiple coats in one day, or should I use it even with a Single coat of Z-5??

Only for multiple coats in one day.