PDA

View Full Version : how to apply carnuba in paste?

99MONGUSE
04-02-2010, 01:26 PM
I was thinking about switching to a paste carnuba, say something like P21s or Wolfgang Fuzion and coating over top of Klasse sealant BUT how are you guys putting the carnuba on top of the sealant, by hand or with a DA? If using a DA, how do you do it, take the cake out of the container? I saw a post where a guy had removed the paste cake from the container and held it against the DAs foam. I have been simply using liquid carnuba and applying it with an orbital buffer and foam sleeve but I think a DA would work the product into the surface much better and would provide a better result.

spartacus_33
04-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Foam pad is hard to beat for ease of spreading. I never cared to foul up a pad for a PC just to apply wax.

vtec92civic
04-02-2010, 04:13 PM
im curious to know that as well. i think the actual carnuba paste waxes are best applied with a foam applicator. There are cases thaat i have seen some where that people use the PC to apply but you might end up using a lot more product that way.

Thomas Dekany
04-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Using your pc to apply ANY type of lsp saves products. As far as paste waxes - just use your yellow applicator pad to get the wax out of the jar annd spread it on the pad. Use speed 3 or 4 or higher to apply.

nosbusa1700
04-02-2010, 11:54 PM
I`ve always used a foam applicator to apply all of my carnauba waxes. Even the Zymol and Swissvax waxes. Never had any problems.

black03mach
04-03-2010, 08:25 AM
some waxes can fall out of the tub if you tip them (souveran and nattys come to mind)

Accumulator
04-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Using your pc to apply ANY type of lsp saves products..

Eh, I never did get the hang of doing sealants via machine...I always get too thick an application that way. But then I`ve never tried the LC gold pad either.

But on-topic, yeah, waxes work well via machine. Just gotta pay a *little* attention so you don`t get too aggressive about it and disturb any previously applied stuff.

The paste wax that`s *really* well-suited to this is Meguiar`s #16, the "paste wax that turns liquid".