PDA

View Full Version : Experts Only...tire Shine

Pages : [1] 2

DESERTCITIES
04-01-2010, 11:57 PM
[I][/IWHAT IS THE BEST TIRE SHINE/DRESSING THAT GOES ON SUPER GLOSSY AND REMAINS THAT WAY FOR WEEKS? WHAT HOLDS A SUPERB GLOSSY GLOSSY SHINE FINISH,petroleum,SILICONE,WATER BASED?PROS AND CONS...?THANK YOU

vtec92civic
04-02-2010, 12:34 AM
yikes! glossy glossy, huh? just spray paint a couple of coats of clear.

http://www.krylon.com/images/products/large/uvresitclear.png

i`m just messing man. Couple of things:

longevity is basically solvent vs water based.

Solvent based lasts significantly longer but in the end is a little more tough to get off of the tire unless maintained and not just left to cake on.

Water based can also be glossy depending on the product but will not last as long at all but is very easy to remove from the tires when comes down to cleaning time.

you looking for a off the shelf product or something in bulk?

swan
04-02-2010, 12:16 PM
I`m no expert so I guess I can`t tell you what I believe to be the best.:p

I will give you some advice though.

1. Try using the search feature.

2. If you can`t find it searching post your question in the right section and not in Motorcycle, Marine & RV Detailing. You will get more response most likely.

3. Don`t use all caps when typing.

Tony1
04-02-2010, 04:30 PM
[I][/IWHAT IS THE BEST TIRE SHINE/DRESSING THAT GOES ON SUPER GLOSSY AND REMAINS THAT WAY FOR WEEKS? WHAT HOLDS A SUPERB GLOSSY GLOSSY SHINE FINISH,petroleum,SILICONE,WATER BASED?PROS AND CONS...?THANK YOU

Define expert. While your at it don`t make an annoying post even more annoying by capitalizing the whole thing.

DESERTCITIES
04-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Define expert. While your at it don`t make an annoying post even more annoying by capitalizing the whole thing.

LOL..OK?...THIS IS FOR YOU MY FRIEND..Having, involving, or demonstrating great skill, dexterity, or knowledge as the result of experience or training!!!!

NOW BACK TO THE SUBJECT.

DESERTCITIES
04-02-2010, 09:11 PM
yikes! glossy glossy, huh? just spray paint a couple of coats of clear.

http://www.krylon.com/images/products/large/uvresitclear.png

i`m just messing man. Couple of things:

longevity is basically solvent vs water based.

Solvent based lasts significantly longer but in the end is a little more tough to get off of the tire unless maintained and not just left to cake on.

Water based can also be glossy depending on the product but will not last as long at all but is very easy to remove from the tires when comes down to cleaning time.

you looking for a off the shelf product or something in bulk?

LOL...VERY GOOD SENCE OF HUMOR. IM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING BULK,PROFESSIONAL GRADE AND VERY DEPENDABLE. THANKS!

DESERTCITIES
04-02-2010, 09:12 PM
I`m no expert so I guess I can`t tell you what I believe to be the best.:p

I will give you some advice though.

1. Try using the search feature.

2. If you can`t find it searching post your question in the right section and not in Motorcycle, Marine & RV Detailing. You will get more response most likely.

3. Don`t use all caps when typing.

LOL...THANK YOU SWAN

jsilas
04-02-2010, 10:37 PM
I`d offer my suggestions, but I`m a long way from `expert`, so I guess I`ll keep them to myself.

jaynick808
04-03-2010, 12:34 AM
im not an expert but since this thread has been pointless so far,

id say if you want a waterbased dressing with really high shine use meguiars hyper dressing straight out of the bottle.

if you want it even wetter looking you have to use a good silicone or solvent based dressing. but there are cons to a lot of those types such as slingoff,buildup, and voc`s. meguiars all season dressing is popular.

i cant comment on petroleum based dressings, they dont seem to be very popular anymore.

dinosaur12
04-03-2010, 03:33 AM
Think your looking for this?

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/111096-long-lasting-tire-shine.html

Tuck91
04-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Why dont you use the search button.

yachtfisher
04-03-2010, 08:07 PM

SHINEY TIRES ARE ```

Matte: 303 space age protectant

craigdt
04-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Expert here.

Sorry, I can hardly fit my wealth of knowledge through the doorway.

This is where I learned everything:

www.autopia.org/forum/search.php

sparklescarwash
04-04-2010, 09:08 PM
P&S sales wipe and shine u can eaven put it on a wet tire. automagic super dress, it, magic shine, cool blue last a long time.I like to put my dressing on with a paint brush no over spray that way.My favorite is the p&s wipe and shine or automagic cool blue last a long time u can even hit it with a pressure washer and the tires will bead water also great on trim to. wipe and shine is about 24 dollars a gallon. so is the cool blue.

Tru_Shine
04-05-2010, 07:34 AM
You guys are Harsh! Is that the way you guys treat a guest at your house? The guy is new to this forum so quite jumping his balls! Yes he posted in the wrong sub forum and yes he type it with the caps lock on, and yes he did ask for only "experts" but he is just looking for an answer not BS from you guys!

With that being said, A good 5 gal bucket of NEW LOOK Dressing is what we use here at the Truck detail shop. It looks amazing and last a long time. and It is a solenvent based tire dressing. We get ours from the local south east supply truck that goes arround to all the dealer ships and detail shops.

I hope that helped any.