PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on scraps/scratches!

riceguy
04-01-2010, 02:40 PM
few weeks ago stupid me backed up into a rock... :(

I am very sad i damaged my new car. Its all bumper, so i believe no risk of any metal rusting.

its really deep but i need to ask, will touch up paint + wet sanding be enough? should i buy a new bumper? should i find someone to do it professionally? bumpers go for 200-300 on ebay,

i`m sure any quick fixes won`t look right but i hate how it looks right now. any suggestions?

any comments/help will be greatly appreciated.

ImageShack Album - 4 images (http://img59.imageshack.us/g/1001054.jpg/)

crc1
04-01-2010, 08:47 PM
You don`t need a new bumper, but it will require a little filler to repair the gouges, sand it level, prime, base coat (color) and clearcoat blended into the undamaged area. You should be able to get that done professionally for less than $200. (May be more in your area, I`m talking WNY) Try the dealer you bought the car from, maybe the salesman can get you a deal on the repair if they have a collision shop. If not get a few estimates from others.

Accumulator
04-02-2010, 09:46 AM
By the sound of it, the bumpercover will need to come off the vehicle and be completely reshot (after the gouges are filled). Still not a huge job, but it`ll cost a little bit.

riceguy
04-02-2010, 11:37 AM
touch up paint not even worth a try?

ocd dave
04-02-2010, 02:26 PM
even with an exact color match it will likely stick out like a sore thumb. I think a respray would be your best bet.

automedix
04-02-2010, 05:41 PM
In my opinion it depends on how picky you are. From the looks of it you could touch it up. It would make it far less noticable, but it will still be there. It just wont catch your eye immediately like it does now.

get the bumper painted = $200-$300

bottle of touchup = $10-$15

It`s all in your preference.

riceguy
04-02-2010, 06:10 PM
i think i will go with touch up...then when i have more money to spend, get it repainted. :)