PDA

View Full Version : 98` Black Camry + Flex DA + M105/205+ ...LC Flats or Hydrotech Duo?

mystickid
04-01-2010, 02:14 PM
I just got the flex DA and M105/205 for the first time. Only used Poorboys SSR`s before.

I guess toyota has "soft" paint right? Its a 1998 Black camry.

So I`m not sure if i should get LC Flat Orange, White, Black or LC Hydrotech Cyan/Tangerine to use with M105/205 ?

I did read that the LCHT`s need to be 100% dry before use and they take a while to dry.

Experienced Detailers...plz give some direction... which pads should I go with?

mystickid
04-05-2010, 09:13 AM
^^^ Bump^^^

getcha
04-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Some of the Toyotas I have worked on, the newer years are considerably harder than the old models.

I think you should stick with LC Orange White and Blacks. These are super versatile for processes you wouldnt ever think they would be good for. Plus they still do a fantastic job at the straight forward.

I think armed with a flex and the 105/205 combo just get your pads and you shouldnt run into any hitches. Just remember least aggressive method first, in case it proves to be unexpectedly soft.

mystickid
04-05-2010, 07:10 PM
hey thanks for the suggsestion....

Ya, I`ve kinda been leaning more towards the LC Flat standard pads.

mystickid
04-05-2010, 08:46 PM
I was wondering....Autogeek has a gray finishing pad while all other vendors sell the well known Black finishing pad.

I didn`t see the gray finishing pad on Lake country`s website... are the Gray and Black equally the same pad? Detailed Image has positive reviews for the black Finishing pad.Don`t know about the gray..

Lake Country Pads (http://www.autogeek.net/vcpad.html)