PDA

View Full Version : New member here

AMizunogoler
04-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Ok guys I just purchased a 7424xp set with 3 orange pads and some pinnicale wax. I also went ahead and got 1 black pad too. We recently purchased a used 2007 expedition its black with tan. The dealer hazed/swirled it pretty bad. I already hand buffed some swirl x on it and it made it look a little better. I was talking with my local auto paint shop and they have a 3m polish #3 that he said would work really good on black. He said it has a lot less cut than m205. I guess what I need to know is will the orange pads and the 3m#3 work good together? Or just buy some m205? I have a 2001 vw passat thats a dark grey I plan to do some testing on before I get brave enough to do the new one. I was just looking for advice on what you would use.

imported_mystic04
04-01-2010, 12:50 PM
I would have gotten some white pads to use with 205 not orange you want to finish down with a softer pad. black has next to no cut so a white would between orange and black.I haven`t use the 3m #3 so i can`t say anything about that product.Try 205 with orange then go to the black and see how it looks.I would still get a few white pads myself.