PDA

View Full Version : Mold in my Accord

Banks
04-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Well I bought my 1992 Accord in late January this year and did a shampoo job to the interior the other day using a kleen rite extractor at work. Any ways I`ve never dealt with this before (mold). I noticed yesterday I have this black crap growing on my carpet and so I removed some of it but I believe its mold. I vacuumed after I extracted and the floors were almost dry so I`m not sure how the mold got there. Are there any locals stores that sell something that I can put on my carpet to get rid of the mold? Maybe some fancy mix you guys can think of? I don`t want to get sick from the damn stuff! lol

swan
04-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Don`t know what you can get locally but I remembered this thread so this may be some help to you.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-details-before-after/128424-tailored-automotive-detailing-06-accord-v6-moldy.html

Dubbin1
04-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Mold is a BAD thing, I would highly suggest just to replace the carpet. What ever you do be sure to were a mask when working with it.

2StepsAhead
04-03-2010, 09:04 PM
For now go to Home Depot and pick up Kids and Pets, its an odor removal chemical but also claims to kill mold. I had water in my basement and found some mold under a couch, poured some Kids and Pets on and then agitated and vacuumed and it was gone.

JohnKleven
04-03-2010, 09:15 PM
You will need an active enzyme that kills mold. Otherwise you may just be spreading it around when you shampoo.