PDA

View Full Version : Black Interior is a Lint Magnet! Help!!

globe9
03-31-2010, 07:46 PM
I just bought a 2010 black Nissan Rogue and it has a black interior(NOT my 1st choice, but it was the only black one they had on the lot and I REALLY wanted a black car).

Anyway, the black interior on this car seems to be a horrible lint magnet! I`ve only owned this car for about 3 weeks and no one besides me has ever been in it and there is lint/dust EVERYWHERE! I vacuumed it out last weekend and the lint is back.

My company car (09 Pontiac Vibe) also has a black interior, but it does not have this problem at all. In fact, it hasn`t been cleaned in months and there seems to me more lint in the brand new Rogue than in this.

I suspect it`s whatever material the seats, interior fabrics are made out of. I`m pretty OCD, so this is VERY aggravating. Has anyone else had this problem with a black interior? Anyway to stop this? Or should I basically buy some seat covers?

Thanks!!

Barry Theal
03-31-2010, 07:59 PM
Is it just the seats? Or is it the whole thing? I wonder if the dealership used a dressing on the interior? Sounds like they did. Dressings on interiors look great at first , but this is the after math. Thats why you don`t dress interiors.

globe9
03-31-2010, 08:11 PM
It`s anything that has fabric. So the seats, cloth console/armrest, and cloth on door panels. The dashboard and instrument panel is actually ok, no lint or dust there, so it`s basically the fabric surfaces only.

Denali Daddy
06-26-2010, 07:53 PM
I`m having a similar problem with my "08" Yukon. The fabric on the seats grips all sorts of lint and hair and vacuuming isn`t getting it off. I have been using a lint brush ans those sticky lint rollers after vacuuming.

Lonnie
06-27-2010, 07:55 AM
If it`s a brand-new car, take it back to the dealer. Explain your problem and what your gripe is with the fabric and/or, as Barry Theal alluded to, have them remove the fabric protectant they applied. I am not sure that the dealer will admit anything, but if you cannot get satisfaction at the dealership, go the next step and talk to the Nissan Service Representative for that dealership. Most car manufacturer`s want happy (IE, "repeat customers" who will buy another car from them in the (near) future), so it`s in your best interest (and theirs, too) to get this "issue" resolved.

Unfortunately, I have the suspicion that both dealer and manufacturer will tell you to live with it, as the black fabric just shows more of the lint.

You`ll probably get drilled on what type of clothes you wear in the car and if pets are allowed in the car, if you drive or park the car at home with the windows open, etc. so just beware.

Let us know how things go, good or bad.