PDA

View Full Version : Have some questions...

ron gray
03-31-2010, 05:02 PM
I just ordered a Flex/pad combo from ADS, and broke my long-standing rule of not ordering stuff without researching. The kit I purchased comes with 6 CCS pads, and based on several reviews, it appears that I have chosen incorrectly.

With that said, Im looking for a good pad/polish combo for the Flex. Current vehicles are BMW (SMB), Mazda 6 (Steel Grey), and Chevy S10 (black) if that influences your advice. I have some old Menzerna polishes in the garage (FPII, IP, etc), but theyve been out there a while and have probably went thru a freeze/thaw or 2. Im thinking about the HD Uno or the 105/205 combo, but am open to suggestions. Please pair your polish suggestions with a pad suggestion!

One final question: is there a 4" backing plate/pad option availbable for the Flex, or should I hang on to my old PC and regulate it tight spaces?

I will turn it over to the experts now....TIA! :D

termigator
03-31-2010, 05:51 PM
The Flex is a great machine. You won`t regret purchasing it. I absolutely love mine, but I do have my trusty old PC with the 3.5" plate for 4" pads, because the Flex doesn`t have the 4" option.

As I`m sure you know, the pads and polish you use are dictated by the condition of your cars` paint. I think you`ll be good to go as long the pads your got were the orange (cutting), white (polishing) and grey/blue (finishing) variety.

I still have the same Menzerna polishes you mentioned (IP & FP II). Check them out. If they`re still in a liquid form, you can still use them.

I`ve used M105 & M205. They`re a great combo indeed. I also like Ultimate Compound as an excellent substitute for M105. UC has a little less cut and finishes down just as nice, but it`s a lot less expensive and you can pick it up just about anywhere, since it`s OTC. M205 is a great polish, but I like Menzerna Super Finish better. I`ve been able to finish down better with Super Finish than M205. That`s just me though. I`m sure other people have done very well with M205.

My pad combo is usually as follows:

Orange pad with M105/UC

White pad with Super Finish/M205

Grey/blue pad with any liquid LSP`s

I`ve read where some people go over their cars with a grey/blue pad with M205 with great effect. I haven`t done that, so I can` comment on it.

I`ve also used the green (It`s between the white and grey in cut) with Super Finish to remove light swirls. You can try that too if you want. As I said before, it really depends on the condition of the paint on your cars. Good luck!

ron gray
03-31-2010, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply! I should clarify; my disappointment is directed toward the CCS pads. Based on what Im reading, nothing seems to work well with them...everyone prefers the flat pads. Having substandard pads kinda suck, but it sucks more when 6 of em are on the way!

I havent given up on the Menzerna, but there are just too many new polishes out with adjectives like "revolutionary" and "game-changing" associated with them that I cant help myself. I think 205/105 will be my next purchase.

Thanks again for your feedback. Im looking for multiple opinions, so please feel free to share!

salty
03-31-2010, 10:52 PM
While the CCS pads aren`t my favorite, they still work well.

ron gray
03-31-2010, 10:56 PM
Im trying to work something out that will allow me to exchange them for Meg`s pads. If all im out is a few buck for return shipping, I can live with that.

termigator
04-01-2010, 04:41 AM
Thanks for the prompt reply! I should clarify; my disappointment is directed toward the CCS pads. Based on what Im reading, nothing seems to work well with them...everyone prefers the flat pads. Having substandard pads kinda suck, but it sucks more when 6 of em are on the way!

I havent given up on the Menzerna, but there are just too many new polishes out with adjectives like "revolutionary" and "game-changing" associated with them that I cant help myself. I think 205/105 will be my next purchase.

Thanks again for your feedback. Im looking for multiple opinions, so please feel free to share!

Don`t knock`em till you`ve tried them! I use CCS pads all the time and I have absolutely no problem with them. I use flat pads too (and Kompressor pads) and I really haven`t been able to see any huge performance difference between any of them.

Atlantic Euro
04-04-2010, 08:32 AM
I use my GlossHaus product very successfully with my Flex. All the GlossHaus products are matched to a specific pad (e.g. aggressive polish to yellow pad, medium to orange, glaze to white, etc. - pad color is on the label). You get a nice range of capability and no guesswork for pad (or speed, which is also on the label).