PDA

View Full Version : wax then sealer?

hitman34608
03-30-2010, 07:31 AM
Just little confused on that is it wax then sealer or is it sealer then wax?

thanks,

Blake

RTexasF
03-30-2010, 07:40 AM
Sealant first, wait 12-24 hours, then wax.

hitman34608
03-30-2010, 07:45 AM
Sealant first, wait 12-24 hours, then wax.

Wow that long? Just wondering I not going to do it but what happens if you do it early and not wait will it mess up the paint?

BIGDAVE
03-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Wow that long? Just wondering I not going to do it but what happens if you do it early and not wait will it mess up the paint?

Sealants need time to cure, so topping with a wax too soon will not hurt the paint, but will diminish the durability and or the look of the sealant.

Leadfootluke
03-30-2010, 09:18 AM

Another thing to keep in mind, is it might be advantageous to avoid moisture on the sealant until it is cured such as excessive humidity, rain, washing it, etc. That is what a few products say at least, so it might be something to think about?

Otherwise, yes. Sealant then wax.

hitman34608
03-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Another thing to keep in mind, is it might be advantageous to avoid moisture on the sealant until it is cured such as excessive humidity, rain, washing it, etc. That is what a few products say at least, so it might be something to think about?

Otherwise, yes. Sealant then wax.

Good to no .

brwill2005
03-30-2010, 01:50 PM
As stated it is sealant and then wax. Honestly, I would just pick one or the other. I see no benefit other than a marginal difference in shine if you top a sealant with a paste wax or spray wax. Even if the sealant is cured, the petroleum solvents in wax may strip off some of the sealant. Something like Optimum Car Wax does not contain solvents, other than water, so you could use that.

David Fermani
03-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Here`s a Sealant/Wax combo pack you might want to consider. One of the only products out there that were created to compliment themselves.

Wet-Ice Over Fire Shine Kit (http://www.properautocare.com/weovfishkit.html)