PDA

View Full Version : MG Medallion Paint Cleaner Not Enough

imported_erazz
03-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Hello all,

I have a black Jetta that I just cleaned using MG Medallion Paint Cleaner, but it is not enough.

The original plan was to hit it with the cleaner, then top with 26. However, there are more imperfections than what the cleaner can handle, and I have just enough daylight for a topping.

My question is not really what to do next about the imperfections. I plan another thread for that. My delimma is, I am out of daylight and have no protection for this vehicle w/o the 26 application. I cannot work on the car until next weekend either.

Do I need to top with 26 now, or can I drive it for a week (gonna rain here), without protection, then work on it next weekend?

TIA

imported_erazz
03-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Also this vehicle is outside 24/7. Thanks again

imported_erazz
03-28-2010, 08:04 PM
OK, topped with NXT and called it a night.

Soon I will post a couple pics of my problem paint. Not sure if clay will solve the problem, or something stronger will be needed.

lasthope05
03-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Well to answer you original question. People will probably flame me for saying this but... No you dont need to apply a wax on the car if you dont really have the time. Your paint is not going to get any worst or damaged in that one week you dont have wax on your car. About 80-90 of cars out on the road dont even have wax on the car and they are perfectly fine(aside from neglect/improper washing.) Wax is made to enhance the finish of paint AND help protect/reduce any environmental contaminates from bonding or harming the paint(ex. rail dust, watermark/mineral etching,..etc) Remember it reduces its impact, and not prevents.

imported_erazz
03-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Well to answer you original question. People will probably flame me for saying this but... No you dont need to apply a wax on the car if you dont really have the time. Your paint is not going to get any worst or damaged in that one week you dont have wax on your car. About 80-90 of cars out on the road dont even have wax on the car and they are perfectly fine(aside from neglect/improper washing.) Wax is made to enhance the finish of paint AND help protect/reduce any environmental contaminates from bonding or harming the paint(ex. rail dust, watermark/mineral etching,..etc) Remember it reduces its impact, and not prevents.

Thanks Alan. I guess I played it safe, but now that I think about, this car probably had no wax on it prior to the cleaning.

Gonna try clay soon, and if that does not work, something stronger I suppose.