PDA

View Full Version : Migliore Competizione vs. the rest

JohnKleven
03-27-2010, 04:05 PM
I have seen quite a few other high-end detailers on here like Apollo Auto, use the Migliore wax, and the results are always excellent. I have a good size collection of waxes but find this one intriguing. How does it compare to Vintage and Crystal Rock, or Supernatural? The price seems reasonable that`s for sure.

John

Barry Theal
03-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Wow you asking about a wax? Your like the wax guru:rofl

JohnKleven
03-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Ooh, come on, you can`t have tried them all..... ;) I do admit to having a large collection of half full waxes, constantly wanting to try something new.

JohnKleven
03-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Nobody here uses this product????

Barry Theal
03-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Hey John did you get a hold of jesse from apollo detailing. Send him a pm he is an outstanding guy and will tell you the truth. I know a guy here locally who loves the stuff. I have tried the migliore primo and loved it. Just order the shiit!

Scottwax
03-28-2010, 08:43 PM
I`ve used Migliore Fine and Frutta waxes. The results are pretty good, ease of use is not. Very thick pastes that don`t spread out all that well and take extra effort (2-3 towels vs the typical 1) to completely buff off. They both have a really nice deep glow and seem pretty durable but due to the ease of use issues, I don`t use them often.

Rickrack
03-29-2010, 06:59 AM
Competizione smells so good that I want to eat it!

On a serious note, I actually used it for the first time yesterday on the nose of a red Corvette. Application was not hard, but definitely more difficult than a typical wax. I misted each panel with a bit of water to ensure I applied it very thin using a foam applicator.

When you are applying it, you can instantly tell it isn`t just some ordinary wax. It`s not something that you can just slap onto the paint in the matter of minutes, it really needs to be worked-in good for ample coverage.

I let it cure for about 20 minutes or so before removing it. Unlike other waxes, Competizione stays wet, which makes it more difficult to remove than other waxes. Since I only did the nose, I used one microfiber towel to remove it, but probably would`ve used at least 3 towels if I applied it to the entire car (it really gums up the towel since it stays wet). When I was wiping it off, I could really feel the wax embedded in the paint. It gave the paint a very "thick" feel. Normally after you wax a car, the paint feels very slick and your towel will just glide across the paint, but not with this wax. It almost "holds back` the towel, which really gives you the indication that there is some good protection present.

I haven`t had a chance to take a look at the car yet outside (it`s raining), but will take a few pics over the next day or two. It definitely has great depth and a nice glow inside the shop. It`s not a wax that I would use on a normal detail since it is a bit more work to apply and remove, but would definitely give it another shot on a big $$ detail where time is no issue. I`m not that into high-end waxes, but Competizione was almost fun in a way (as long as you`re not in a rush!).

steelwind101
03-29-2010, 11:20 AM
Migliore products are somewhat new in the UK and there have been a few discounts and give aways.

Originally i was given Primo; i found it was pretty hard to apply against the likes Race Glaze 55 or Zymol Concours. It did not seem to spread to easily. The paint looked rather flat in a side by side against RG55 too.

Removal was tougher then expect and certantly was not "wipe away" easy.

Beading hasnt been all that great nor has sheeting. I will give it another go when the weather improves here. Its been about 6 weeks and its not being very effective at releasing dirt.

The spray detailer is ok, streaks a bit.

Frutta is another i have tried, it being cheap and in smaller amounts is great for a product fiend like me! Warmish looks even on grey but Migilore signature PIA removal for not alot of pay back makes me reluctant to use it. It reminds me a bit of DoDo Juice waxes like purple haze and all those other £30`ish ones. Overpriced! CMW can deliver just as great results for less money.

In a shared detailed on a Z3 in inky blue we applied Compertizione, it seemed to be most distinctive of all the Migs. Decent jetting and strong optics on the blue. It was again, a chase around the car to get the bits we missed on removal. Its probably the best product they make. But its far from the best product for the money if you know what i mean. I dont own this wax, i dont think i would purchase it either.

Geoff

Greg Nichols
03-29-2010, 11:37 AM
I know that Apollo has used Vintage so ask him for sure.

Cheers,

GREG