PDA

View Full Version : Beginner with a couple questions

rotax
03-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Hey all!

Well to start off, I am a beginner in the auto detailing world.

I am looking to purchase a orbital buffer and so far I tend to like the porter cable 7424XP. It has great reviews and a decent price. Now I need some products to go with it.

I am looking at CCS pads. Orange, white and blue. I am just curious about the compounds and wax. In my area we have a huge dealer of Auto Magic but not sure if its good porducts or not.

I am also looking at optimum hyper compound, optimum compound II and the spray wax. My car is black and has a bunch of swirl marks and a few branch scuffs from going fishing.

Any thoughts from the experience guys?

Thanks!

Legacy
03-27-2010, 05:51 PM
I`m a fan of Meg`s 105/205 and Menzerna polishes, but since Auto Magic is down the street, why not try their polishes. BTW I don`t care for ccs pads. Get the 5.5" flat pads for your PC. Good luck

vrbaba
03-27-2010, 09:59 PM
<irrelevant>

rotax
03-27-2010, 10:36 PM
How is this relevant at all?? Thanks for hijacking my thread lol...

Dubbin1
03-27-2010, 11:00 PM
You may want to consider the Griot`s Garage 6 inch Random Orbital Polisher over the PC7424XP. You can pick up one of the kits at autogeek that includes 5 pads, pad cleaner, pad conditioner and a couple microfiber towels for 189.99. If you still want the PC they have kits for those also. I bought the PC and wish I would have went with Griot`s.

vrbaba
03-27-2010, 11:02 PM
How is this relevant at all?? Thanks for hijacking my thread lol...

I thought I could not start new threads until after 10 posts. But then realized that you only have 3 too :P

The title IS relevant, though.

rotax
03-28-2010, 09:00 AM
No problem

Good luck with your issue.

a.k.a. Patrick
03-28-2010, 09:36 AM
8oz Optimum Polish II and Compound II. Add a couple each White and Orange flat 5.5" pads, some OCW and you`ve probably got the easiest products to work with. You dont need second guessing when your starting out. Use the Optimum line as a base and a learning tool.

Where you at Rotax?