PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Meg`s 16 whith Collinite 476s

yodash89
03-26-2010, 01:45 PM
So I have an ample supply of both products and was inquiring as to your thoughts on mixing the two. I love the look of 16 on lighter colored vehicles, and I love 476’s durability. Don’t get me wrong, 16 is no slouch when it comes to durability and the look is, in my opinion, great. I have a tin of 476 that has about 1/3 of product remaining, but I also have full tins as well and I’m not afraid to pop them open and cut out some product. What ratios do you think would yield the best result with the 16 and 476? Do you think mixing these two is even a good idea, lol? The reason I want to try a mix is mainly because is I want something special for a 2009 pearl white Maxima. It is for a fried and the car is not neglected by any means however it is a daily driver, and with that, comes accumulation of dirt rather quickly. Ultimate goal for this car is durability and appearance; it needs a good guard against the road tar that accumulates.

I have a frankenwax that I have made before, by double boiler melting method, containing 2.5oz each of Natty’s, 16, p21s, and Meg’s 26, and it looks really good in my opinion.

At my disposal I have the following past wax’s. I also have liquid’s as well but that doesn’t really apply here.

(3) Meg’s 16

(3) 476s

(2) P21S

(1) Natt’s Blue

(1) Megs 26

(1) NXT 2.0

Also if anyone knows where I can get custom mud guards for a 2009 Nissan Maxima please let me know. The tires sling so much road grime onto the door; it makes my life hell to remove it!

Sorry for the novel, but I appreciate whatever advice you can give.

Thanks again,

Yodash89

craigdt
03-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Hmm. Being one who is all for mixing chemical, Im not sure how that would turn out.

Im also not sure, unless you have ample supply of #16, that you would want to use it in that manner :D

I just dont think you can brew the two together and get exactly what you want out of them-being both of their strengths and none of their weaknesses.

But I say go for it and let us know how it turns out. Who knows: Mabye you could come up with the next Rubbish Boys.

yodash89
03-27-2010, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I do have an abundance of 16 on hand. I’m just not sure what ratio would yield the best result. I would like to keep most of the 16 look with just that little extra durability, and I don’t think a 50/50 mix would be best suited for that.

This is just a novel idea, I have numerous sealants that would work just as well in this application, but I really do like the look of 16 on this color.

Over thinking/obsession may be getting the better of me.

All suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks again,

Yodash89

eyezack87
03-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Work in little by little. I "supercharge" my carnauba waxes with carnauba flake all the time. You just got to experiment and find it out because it varies for most waxes :2thumbs:

Btw, in my experiments, I`ve made things that rival the superwaxes. Its a fun thing to experiment with :clap:

imported_Gears
03-27-2010, 03:42 PM
I`m using a 50/50 mix of Megs 16 and Natty Blue. I had a little left in both containers so I figured " what the heck".

The results are pretty good. I only use it on dark colors and think it looks better than straight 16 and it lasts longer than NB.

I can`t think of any mix that would seem to be good for your pearl white.

Megs 16 is what I always use for white, but I have never tried it on any pearl colors.

Accumulator
03-28-2010, 11:22 AM
..I can`t think of any mix that would seem to be good for your pearl white.

Megs 16 is what I always use for white, but I have never tried it on any pearl colors.

I used #16 on my late father`s pearl white Audi. Very, very nice on that color, didn`t mute any of its particular characteristics. But of course, there are a lot of different "pearl white" paints.

audi2.7t
03-28-2010, 02:24 PM
I used #16 on my late father`s pearl white Audi. Very, very nice on that color, didn`t mute any of its particular characteristics. But of course, there are a lot of different "pearl white" paints.

i have a pearl white audi. besides #16, any other suggestions for a wax?

Accumulator
03-28-2010, 02:29 PM
i have a pearl white audi. besides #16, any other suggestions for a wax?

Sorry, not really. That, and a service loaner I did once, are the only pearl white ones I`ve ever done :nixweiss

The #16 just came to mind because I tried it on my dad`s car and really liked it. Otherwise, I`d just steer clear of products that "darken" the appearance (e.g., BF sealant, M26 wax). Generally, "the brighter, the better" IMO when it comes to that paint. The service loaner looked OK with Collinite on it, but it had mighty trashed paint and I didn`t knock myself out correcting it ;)

LICamaro85
03-28-2010, 06:42 PM
What do you mean by carnuba flake? I heard this time a few times but no one ever explained it before?

Thanks,

- LI 85