PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite product for over a clear bra?

imported_agentf1
03-25-2010, 05:05 PM
What is your favorite product for over a clear bra?

I have used many such as Plexus which works nice but has no durability. Zaino works nice but like with any product you need to watch the edges. My installer uses Meguiars Gold Class liquid wax or #m liquid wax and said he likes them better since they do not leave a white line on the edge like some of the paste waxes he has tried.

I would love to hear all of your experiences.

JohnKleven
03-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Plexus is a no-no. Tests have found that Plexus will actually aid in the film turning yellow....

imported_agentf1
03-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Anybody use Premier`s Crystalline Sealant and cleaner?

Tony1
03-25-2010, 06:24 PM
I use Dura Gloss Aqua Wax. My whole front end is done and I hate getting residue in the edges when applying regular waxes or sealants so I go the spray wax route.

Slik560
03-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Adams has a new Clear Polish that is supposed to be for clear bra applications. I have not used it, but I am interested in getting something that is designed for the clear stuff. Until now, I`ve just used whatever the rest of the car gets. :nixweiss

Accumulator
03-29-2010, 10:42 AM
I try to minimize the abrasion (only very gentle polishes) and I generally use the same LSP as on the rest of the vehicle.

Over the years the factory PPF on the Audis has yellowed a bit, even the pieces that`ve never been aggressively polished. I can`t help but wonder if it would`ve yellowed had I *never* polished it, but I wouldn`t have been any happier with the marring than I am with the discoloration so I guess it`s a toss-up.

Applying LSP " moving off"/"away-from" the edges rather than "moving towards"/"up-against" them helps minimize LSP build-up. But yeah, I got a little bit of it anyhow when I did all the FK1000P layers on the Yukon :o