PDA

View Full Version : Megs #03 Help

LICamaro85
03-23-2010, 10:03 PM
I was never a user of glaze but after doing some research I decided to give it a try since the DWG is no longer out I went with #3 over #7 because #3 is supposed to have much less of an oil residue left over.

Here is my question it is such a big topic is a glaze a pre or post wax item.

If I were to say use a sealant (Z-2Pro) than a wax (Fuzion or Nattys blue) where would the glaze fit into this. In my thinking it would be before the z-2 but will the sealant stick to the glaze since your supposed to apply sealant to a "clean" surface.

Then if I went with the use it after the sealant method I feel that I would be taking off alot of the sealant when I work the glaze in with the PC/Rotary??

So I think my best bet would be to go with the glaze than sealant than wax??? Is this correct?

That is JMO but I would really like to hear your thinking and way to apply this.

I plan on using a pc with a Red CCS pad on roughly speed 4.

Thanks,

- LI 85

craigdt
03-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Typically, a glaze would be under the sealant. However, I doubt if the Z2 would play well with a glaze.

Also, why dont you want an oily glaze? That`s where a lot of them get their wet, glossy look.

And yes, you would run the risk of removing LSP if you use the PC to "work it in".

Best option: perfect paint that doesnt need a glaze. Then you can use Z2 all you want.

On a side note, have you thought about CG EZ Creme as a substitution for DWG? Or even RMG

LICamaro85
03-24-2010, 04:40 PM
The paint is perfect on the cars but I still think all paint can benefit from a glaze, it does make the paint look wetter and a deeper shine. So pretty much if you use a sealant you can not use a glaze?

craigdt
03-24-2010, 09:20 PM
No, you can put a glaze under a sealant. Zaino is just famous for not playing well with glazes/other products.

Accumulator
03-25-2010, 11:10 AM
I`ve used all the Meguiar`s Pure Polishes, including #3. *IMO* #3 isn`t nearly oil-free enough for use under sealants like Zaino. I wouldn`t even try that with #5, which is by far the "driest" of those products and as best I can tell the only one that truly "dries" rather than "skinning" (though #81 and DC#2 seem to come close).

(IMO the diff between #3 and #7 is nothing compared to the diff between #5 and any other Meg`s Pure Polish.)

If you want to use a Pure Polish under a sealant, I`d go with a *Meguiar`s* sealant as their product line is supposedly all compatible. That said, *I* would only use them under a wax. If I wanted to combine a glaze-type product with a sealant I`d choose something else.

Experiences with products like #3 differ. I found it 100% pointless on perfectly corrected Audi clear. IME products like that work best on imperfect or porous paint films where they can get a toehold in the microfissues/pores/etc.