PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Zaino application / removal video

biodtl
03-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Hello all - first time posting at this site, though I`ve enjoyed learning from this group`s experience for a long time.

I have had two black Audis and have used Zaino Z5 Pro to help hide the swirls. I`m very happy with Zaino, but it takes me a long time to remove. I`ve read lots of posts that say I must be using too much, and I`ve watched the Zaino application videos on YouTube. However, I just can`t seem to find the secret to "easily" applying and removing Z5.

Could anyone who uses Zaino post a short video showing how thick/how to apply? I know it`s a big ask, but I`m getting ready for a spring application and don`t want to spend 3 days on 3 coats. Thanks much for any assistance!

biodtl

2009 Audi A8L Phantom Black

NSXTASY
03-23-2010, 07:33 PM
I don`t think you will find what you`re looking for in a video. Go out and apply it thin, then, apply it thinner. There are hundreds of threads that deal with application, read those for a better idea.

Mike Philips just did these videos, follow this but apply Zaino so thin you can hardly see it.http://www.autopia.org/forum/autogeek-net/128283-video-how-apply-carnauba-finishing-wax-hand-straight-line-technique.html

And expand upon your process.

Scottwax
03-23-2010, 08:53 PM
I`d first suggest learning to polish your cars (the payoff is MUCH bigger, I promise) because Z5 really doesn`t hide all that much.

With respects to the application, you shouldn`t be using more than a 1/4 to 1/2 ounce of product. You might want to spritz the pad with some Z6 every panel or two, helps make it spread more easily and thinly.

imported_GregCavi
03-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Scott made some good points above. I find that by applying a spaghetti noodle thin line of product from one top corner to the opposite bottom corner (and folding over to make an x) you can do several panels. You should barely be able to see the product on the paint.

Greg

salty
03-23-2010, 11:36 PM
biodtl welcome.

All good advice above. On black paint you should see it as you wipe and then disappear, or almost. When done, walk around the car, it should have some smear marks and that is about it.

As Scott said, a little spritz of z-6 helps to spread thin.

biodtl
03-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Wow - thanks to all of you for the quick replies. I know in my head I must be using too much, because it`s very hard to rub off. I am definitely using between 1-2 oz. for the whole car, so I will just have to "trust" that a barely visible coat will do, and cut way back. I do spritz my applicator with Z6, but then it seems like it`s the Z6 spreading out... But I get it - use less and let it glide.

Also - as for the polishing - I will absolutely be pursuing that with one of you experts this summer (not something I trust myself with... heh), but for now, the Z5 works wonders on a daily driver.

Thanks guys!

biodtl

lasthope05
03-24-2010, 07:12 PM
1-2oz is definitely way too much. You should be able to do the entire car 3 times with that amount. 2-3 drop is usually all you need per panel.

imported_GregCavi
03-26-2010, 04:21 PM
I applied a coat of z5pro (over wash>clay>zaio) and using the described application method I previously stated in the thread, I only had to apply to the pad 4 times.

Couldn`t have been more than a 1/2 an ounce.

clenz
03-27-2010, 07:29 AM
I found this on YouTube - it shows exactly how much to use on the applicator.

YouTube - Zaino basics: How LITTLE Zaino to use. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEX6-rulyH8)

wannafbody
03-27-2010, 07:49 AM
Apply Zaino to the foam applicator in micro dots. If you apply heavily go back over the area to pick up the excess. If you get streaking with Z5, don`t panic, it will disappear on it`s own. If you apply Zaino thin it wipes off with practically no effort.

David Fermani
03-28-2010, 08:33 AM
These videos might help:

YouTube - Zaino basics: How LITTLE Zaino to use. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEX6-rulyH8)

YouTube - Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal on Ferrari (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDHDGkbb0Jg&feature=channel)