PDA

View Full Version : chemical guys bare bones

Envious Eric
03-22-2010, 10:03 PM
anyone notice the effects on the ground after you spray the wheel wells? does it seem to stain for you? I like the look of it when spraying directly on the plastic moldings, but it doesnt look as good if sprayed on the towel then applied to the molding...

also, my first gallon was blue in color, and this one I just got was a purple/red color...think it went bad?

vtec92civic
03-22-2010, 10:04 PM
ehh . . . . you use bare bones eric?

az57chevy
03-22-2010, 10:18 PM
I haven`t had it drip yet. Mine is blue but I`ve had it for a while. Did you get directly from CG?

Envious Eric
03-23-2010, 07:43 AM
ehh . . . . you use bare bones eric?

yeah why? I like it better than hyper.

I ordered it from George at Detailed Image. I emailed him about it last night as I placed another order for things I forgot to order on the last one and he is sending me out another CGBB. Customer service is top notch from that guy, I`ll tell ya!

Envious Eric
03-23-2010, 07:44 AM
I haven`t had it drip yet. Mine is blue but I`ve had it for a while. Did you get directly from CG?

oh and its not so much the drip, but the spray mist as well...its like a ring around the well area on the floor. I never noticed it with the old one, so hopefully it was just a bad bottle or something

jb1
03-23-2010, 05:11 PM
I noticed the same thing when I used it. The overspray seemed to "stain" the concrete with what appeared to be oily for lack of a better description. I let it dry for several hours and went to the grocery store. When I got home I noticed the wheel wells and all of the other trim I used it on had a lot of grass clippings stuck to it as if it had a static charge to it.

I know the product wasn`t still wet b/c I tried blowing some of the areas with an electric leaf blower and some of it came off.

I didn`t care for the way it seemed to attract dust and grass clippings like a magnet. I gave the entire bottle to my neighbor - he had never heard of such a product but likes to keep his vehicles very clean.

I like Stoners Trim Shine or Duragloss 253 (Tire & Rubber Dressing w/Rain Repel) much better FWIW.

E300Diesel
03-23-2010, 07:34 PM
I`ve stained my driveway due to Bare Bones, but it`s only evident when it`s wet (i.e. raining). I used to spray Bare Bones into the wheels wells, hence the drippage onto the driveway after. Now, I have Bare Bones in a spray bottle, and spray it onto a foam applicator, and wipe the wheels wells with it. Perfect!

NSXTASY
03-23-2010, 07:46 PM
I would assume its petrol based, so..............

Use water based.