PDA

View Full Version : whats the best alloy wheel cleaner

uniquedetailing
03-20-2010, 10:10 PM
So I had a new customer ask me about cleaning up his chrome wheels, haven`t seen them but said, need some attention after winter etc, I used to use a alloy cleaner in england which wss far the best stuff I have ever used, been yrs now can`t remember the name, anyway what`s the best cleaner on the market? Thanks

Jim D.
03-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Chrome, if it`s really neglected, can tend to respond well to the acidic cleaners, like Mothers Wheel Mist Chrome/Wire, or some of the other brands of chrome-specific cleaners.

If you want to stay on the safe side, the new foaming wheel & tire cleaner from Mothers is very nice, but may need a light scrub with a brush followed by a strong spray nozzle.

salty
03-21-2010, 03:00 AM
Elbow grease.

Don
03-21-2010, 06:41 AM
I`ve had really good results with Megs All Wheel Cleaner, but like Salty said, you can`t forget the elbow grease.

D Tailor
03-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Gloss-it 22oz Signature Wheel Gel 3 Pack (http://www.gloss-it.net/Glossit22ozSignatureWheelGel3Pack-idv-160-23.html)

You can cut it 2:1 - 4:1 or use it full strength. It requires agitation, but seldomly more than one application. I only use this anymore in part due to its safety for all wheel finishes and its "Godzilla Like Power" :)