PDA

View Full Version : Which duster?

Speedraser
03-19-2010, 08:55 PM
Hello. I`d heard this is a great site and I`m delighted to have found it. I have a new car that I plan to keep for a long time and I want to keep it looking as close to brand new as possible. It`s metallic black, and I have a few questions about dusters and covers.

1) What is the proper way to use a lambs wool duster? What is the best way to get the static charge into the duster? How often should you "recharge" it while dusting?

2) Which is better as far as removing the dust and not scratching the paint -- lambs wool duster vs. California (or other paraffin-treated) duster?

3) Which is the best method for keeping the paint free of swirls/scratches: a) using the (better) duster and using a soft indoor car cover (to extend the time between washes); b) using the duster but not the car cover, but having to wash the car more often, or; c) not using either the duster or the car cover and washing the car still more frequently? This all assumes that I only cover the car when it is clean/dusted, and put on/take off the cover properly (rolling it or folding it on/off, taking care not to slide it over the paint)?

Many thanks for helping this amateur keep my car looking its best.