PDA

View Full Version : Flat or CCS Lake Country Pads?

srt4tocobra
03-19-2010, 10:03 AM
I am looking to buy some 5.5`` pads for my PC and I was wondering what everyone prefers when it comes to these pads? They are the same price from autogeek and I am just not for sure which ones to go with. I will be using them mainly on a 2004 Mystichrome Cobra. Let me know what you guys think. I am going with 2 orange, 2 white, and 2 gray. Thanks!

swan
03-19-2010, 10:20 AM
I am looking to buy some 5.5`` pads for my PC and I was wondering what everyone prefers when it comes to these pads? They are the same price from autogeek and I am just not for sure which ones to go with. I will be using them mainly on a 2004 Mystichrome Cobra. Let me know what you guys think. I am going with 2 orange, 2 white, and 2 gray. Thanks!

Flat all day long for me. I have both flat and ccs and using my PC, I don`t notice much of a difference but I think that is because of the machine capabilities and not the pad.

As others have said on here the ccs seems like a gimmick. Much more contact area on the flat pads for correction.

Flashtime
03-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Flat for PC and CCS for rotary

a_guerrajr
03-19-2010, 01:18 PM
aww man, i have CCS on DA. time to swap them out!

anyone use Kompressor pads?

imported_Devilsown
03-19-2010, 03:29 PM
I first used the 7.5" CSS when I started then I tryed to 6.5" flat pad, and flat pads takes the cake I love them SOOOO much more. I use them both on my Rotary and DA. I feel the flats cut faster and I have more control.

descout
03-19-2010, 04:39 PM
I like the 4 inch pads, but I cant find the flat ones. Does LC make a flat 4 inch?

BigAl3
03-19-2010, 04:54 PM
I like the 4 inch pads, but I cant find the flat ones. Does LC make a flat 4 inch?

Buffer Pads Products - Detailed Image (http://www.detailedimage.com/Buffer-Pads-C79/)

a.k.a. Patrick
03-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Flat forever.........

imported_WhyteWizard
03-19-2010, 10:48 PM
I was working, doing demonstrations in the Lake Country booth at NACE a few years ago and was only using two of their pads. One for cutting, one for removing swirls.

One guy watched the demo a couple of times, then came up and asked a few questions. His final question was, "Well, if it only takes these two pads, what are all the rest of those pads for?" Pointing up at all the pads on display.

The answer I gave him, and the answer to your question is the same, different products respond differently with different pads and machines. You have to find pads that work in combination with the products you use.

You also have to find the right machines for use with the products you use, or alternatively, find a combination that someone else is all ready using and copy them. If I were just starting out, I`d look at how people who are getting the results I wanted were getting those results. This board is filled with people who will give you, for free, what it took years for them to work out. Look at what Barry does and how he does it. Look at how Kevin gets the results he does. You might even check out what I`ve written and linked too. After that, if you can`t get a good result, maybe you should find some other way to spend your time. :buffing:

Robert

MichaelSpoots
03-20-2010, 01:54 AM
I know something that, with a DA, basically doesn`t work on any paint of any condition or brand or age: LC CCS 5-inchers :getdown.

nyakerz
03-01-2011, 04:26 AM
If someone will buy nine (9) lake country flat pads for Griot`s DA Polisher, what size will you guys recommend and what type of pads? 3 orange, 3 white and 3 grays? 2 orange, 3 white and 4 grays?

imported_Ivan Rajic
03-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Another vote for flat pads.

Nyakerz, if buying 9 pads, it depends on what vehicle(s) you`re correcting. If it`s going to be something with very soft paint, I`d say easily get more black pads, so 2 orange, 3 white and 4 gray sounds good. But if it`s something harder, you`ll probably want 1 more white and 1 more orange, or something like that. I`d also suggest throwing in a blue or red pad for sealant application.. works great with Blackfire Wet Diamond.

Alexshimshimhae
03-01-2011, 04:11 PM
quite honestly, I`d say the hydrotechs 7/8" pads are probably a better pick--BUT if those are the only options, LUSTR I`d say is pretty on point. though I mean I think I`d probably get less pads towards the light end--but that`s just me--I seem to burn through my higher cut pads faster--the softer ones don`t seem to diminish in terms of stiffness because...well..they`re not stiff to begin with...

But otoh, I`m not really what you`d call experienced--so ymmv