PDA

View Full Version : Anybody tried this stuff yet - Wheel cleaner?

Marj
03-19-2010, 08:27 AM
"Spending an afternoon prepping your car for the big show on Sunday is nothing new to car guys. In no time flat, the paint repels water better than oil, and the interior is so slick you could zip across the bench seat quicker than a cheetah running down its dinner. But then you look at the wire wheels, sigh, and prepare to spend the next couple of hours scrubbing grime from all those chrome spokes.

Scrubbing is now a thing of the past, thanks to Dayton Wire Wheels’ Wheel Cleaner. Their reformulated cleaner works in a simple, two-step process. With the wheels cooled by shade, simply spray on the product and let it sit for a full minute. Step two is as easy as aiming a hose at the wheels and washing off remnants of the cleaner and the accumulated grime it has dislodged. Price: $5.99."

Dayton Wire Wheels ™ Cars, Street Rods, SUVS and Trucks (http://www.daytonwirewheels.com).

Slik560
03-19-2010, 09:13 AM
If the stuff supposedly only needs to sit for a minute and actually works, it must be extremely acidic and that can`t be good for wire wheels...or any wheels, for that matter. I would want to know what`s in it, and for $5.99, I`m guessing it`s basically acid in a spray bottle.

imported_WhyteWizard
03-19-2010, 06:50 PM
bc,

for that price, why don`t you give it a try and post something about it?

Robert

sparklescarwash
03-19-2010, 07:04 PM
yes it is acid made for crome not alloy

vtec92civic
03-19-2010, 07:21 PM
well Dayton`s have been around for a very loooooooooong time and have specialized in the wire wheel industry. I`m not sure and i would hope that they wouldn`t put something out under their reputable name that would harm their own rims.

Hopefully someone will do a review on it.