PDA

View Full Version : Mouse infestion

imported_Devilsown
03-18-2010, 04:22 PM
My grandma has a old mercedes 560sl and she keeps it in her barn, she never drives as my grandfater passed away about a year ago. MY parents have found that the barn mice have infested it and now the inside skinks of mouse pee, from what they say it smells like ammonia. My dad was wondering what could be used to get rid of the smell and keep the mice out.

I think I`ve heard mothballs work like a champ and well thats all I know for now.

Thanks

David Fermani
03-18-2010, 05:41 PM
You need to make a claim with your Insurance company before you throw any money into it. The problem could be much larger that you might think. I`ve seen quite a few of these situations and they can get pretty ugly once they get started. It`s a Comprehensive claim and your rates will not be affected.

imported_Devilsown
03-18-2010, 05:45 PM
You need to make a claim with your Insurance company before you throw any money into it. The problem could be much larger that you might think. I`ve seen quite a few of these situations and they can get pretty ugly once they get started. It`s a Comprehensive claim and your rates will not be affected.

I`ll let my dad know thanks

Jarreds
03-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Im with David the mice could have eaten at wiring harnesses and hoses. Died inside the car at places you wont ever reach them. An enzyme Digester and a good steam cleaning would be a good start though.

rdorman
03-19-2010, 07:06 AM
Barn cat... then worry about the car

imported_mystic04
03-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Gut the inside of the car looking for dead mice and bones.

De WALTER
03-19-2010, 10:06 AM
If you plan on entering the car, you might want to wear a mask. The fumes from the urine and crap can be very harmful. If you clean it youself, use something that has a live enzyme in it that is certified Salmonella-free. Good Luck

bill57
03-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Plus one on the barn cat.

Navet176
03-20-2010, 07:47 PM
+2 on the barn cat. Mice can and will do extensive damage to the electrical system ( they chew the insulation of wires) not to mention th upholstery and carpet. Aside from the cat put those green rat pellets ( not from wally world but a farm supply) somehere near the car those will nuke the existing population. In the older cars, a favorite nesting place is inside the air cleaner housing.