PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed on upcoming purchase

Pages : [1] 2

1OF723
03-18-2010, 06:47 AM
Hello,

Let me start off by saying that I am a novice. But, I have been looking and researching around for a few weeks now and have complied a list of products that I am considering purchasing. The brand is a personal choice and I have heard countless of good things relating to them and their products, which is why I chose to stick with them.

The following list will be purchased solely from Chemical Guys:

New Car Scent - Air Freshener

Citrus Wash & Gloss

Grit Guard (x2)

ShMITT White/Yellow Wash Pad

Foam Wash Gun

Clay bar value - 3 huge 209g bars + 1 gal LUBER

PC 7424XP + Detail Kit + Pads + Backing Plate

Metro Vac N Blo

Detailing Gloves (100 pack)

Ultra Fine MF Towels Blue (14" x 14") (1 dozen)

MF Rejuvenator Wash Detergent (1 gal)

CG VRP (16oz)

Applicator Durafoam Die Cut (2 pack)

Leather Cleaner & Conditioner Kit (16 oz)

Bar Bones UnderCarriage (16 oz)

CG Speed Wipe Spray

3 16oz bottles and sprayers

Grime Reaper Degreaser

Diablo Gel Wheel & Rim Cleaner

Window Clean/Glass Cleaner

Total:

728.31 + shipping

I already have ordered MF Waffle Weave Towels from DI (Detail Image) and I purchased a Large Natural Sea Sponge from Autogeek and I also already picked up a halogen bipod light that is 1200 watts (adjustable)

I know there are little things over time that I will want to buy but this is the big purchase to get most of the items out of the way. And the only thing I think I`m missing is a wax and sealant. I will be picking up two new buckets (from local Home Depot or Lowes)

I’m sure the question will arise so I will mention this; I am doing this for personal use. I have seen work from people I know on here, "Handz" being one of them, and I want to learn to keep my cars clean and enjoy the feeling of seeing the finished product.

Please give your opinions and try to remember that I am going to be sticking with Chemical Guys Product line. I know that can be hard if you do not like their products for favor another company.

Thanks,

1OF723
03-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Any opinions?

I am trying to figure out if I am missing anything or if someone suggests different CG products then what I have listed.

07mustanggt
03-18-2010, 06:06 PM
I love Chemical Guy`s products! Wash & Gloss, Grime Reaper, Bare Bones and Diablo cleaner are my go to products. I think you can`t go wrong with them.

1OF723
03-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks 07mustanggt

Everyone I`ve talked to (outside the forum) has said they make amazing products.

I just can`t settle on a wax/sealant combo.

Any suggestions?

sparklescarwash
03-18-2010, 06:55 PM
cg 50/50 wax. skip the vac n blow get a shop vac ridgid or craftsman 16 gallon and a cheep leaf blower. invisable glass for windows

1OF723
03-18-2010, 07:11 PM
My father has a shop vac but I`ve never been happy with it. I want something smaller and more attachments which is why I like the Vac N Blo.

I was looking at that 50/50. Is it able to be used on a PC or is it solely for hand waxing?

1OF723
03-18-2010, 07:13 PM
I was looking at Stoners for the glass. Seemed to work well in the past.

Old Tiger
03-18-2010, 07:16 PM
QD works as well as Luber and does more. Jet Seal is not great IMO. BFWD is much better to me. Try Pete`s 53 for a blue car.

1OF723
03-18-2010, 07:55 PM
What is the difference between the Luber and the QD? I thought it was a form of QD.

So Petes or the BFWD or is the BFWD the wax then Petes the seal or vice versa?

sparklescarwash
03-18-2010, 08:44 PM
yes u can use 50/50 with pc the flex 3401 is way better of a da than the pc more power less shake much better of a machine coast more but will kill the pc

1OF723
03-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Does the flex have that clutch design that will prevent novices like myself from messing up the paint?

sparklescarwash
03-18-2010, 09:20 PM
u cant mess paint up with a da it takes hardley any time to get used to it and all u have to do is turn the speed down low till u get used to it it is my go to machine in my shop. I promise u will not regret it at all. I use a side handel on mine and mine is over 2 years old and gets used 5 days a week still going strong plus they hold go resale value.

1OF723
03-19-2010, 06:33 AM
I think for my first polisher I am going to stay with the PC. Maybe once I have some experience I will upgrade. I just want to be safe.

So reviewing the list, only thing I need to add is a wax, sealant, new glass cleaner and I think I have a QD in the list. The Luber + Clay is like a combo deal which is why I went with it.

Anyone have any other advice? There must not be a lot of CG users out there (CG only that is)

Old Tiger
03-19-2010, 08:05 AM
What is the difference between the Luber and the QD? I thought it was a form of QD.

So Petes or the BFWD or is the BFWD the wax then Petes the seal or vice versa?

Luber is just a clay lube. It doesnt add gloss. CG Synthetic QD adds gloss, cleans mild contamination and works as a clay lube. Tou. You can dilute it and a gallon will make up to 4 gallons as I recall, Petes 53 is a hybrid (i.e., polymers and nuba).

I was not impressed with Jet Seal. It is a sealant and goes on before wax. Blackfire Wet Diamond is the best sealant I have ever used. Petes 53 will work OK without a sealant and is great on dark colors.

1OF723
03-19-2010, 08:27 AM
So you apply Blackfire Wet Diamond then the Petes 53

I could always just buy the individual clay and then get a bunch of QD