PDA

View Full Version : Meguiara G110V2-Newbie

Rand
03-17-2010, 05:16 PM
First of all I am considering buying a G110V2 over a 7424XP because I like the position of the handle better on the 110 (your comments on these machines are appreciated). Is the G110 compatible with Lake Country Pads? Meguiars told me that I only need their Yellow or Gray Pad. They say the yellow will get rid of Swirls and the gray is good for putting on wax. What I don`t understand is why Lake country has so many different pads with different cutting abilities and Meguiars only has two (they said their cranberry colored pad is for a rotary). In summary, three questions. - What is your opinion on the G110v2?

- Are Lake country pads compatible with the G110v2?

- Are the two pads by Meguiars enough? (I am not a professional and will be using this to get out swirls and then polish)

Thanks

Tuck91
03-17-2010, 06:05 PM
I would get the PCXP. Simply for it being reliable. Everyone is claiming how great the new G110 is but I am willing to bet the bugs have not been worked out of the new G110.

keefer
03-17-2010, 07:00 PM
I was at the same crossroads. went with the G110V2. I haven`t really had a chance to use it in a regular scenario quite yet, but I definitely think I made the right choice. (I used to own a Flex as well, so I have something to compare to.)

craigdt
03-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Well I love my G110V1. I really like the handle and soft finish design.

And the Meguiars pads are very good. Dont be afraid to use the burgundy cutting pad either. They caution users against that because they dont feel average joes should be compounding.

I would look into the Megs 4" pads and LC pads. Ive found the Megs yellow and LC white to be pretty similar. Finishing pads the same as well.

Best wishes

Atlantic Euro
03-17-2010, 08:26 PM
First of all I am considering buying a G110V2 over a 7424XP because I like the position of the handle better on the 110 (your comments on these machines are appreciated). Is the G110 compatible with Lake Country Pads? Meguiars told me that I only need their Yellow or Gray Pad. They say the yellow will get rid of Swirls and the gray is good for putting on wax. What I don`t understand is why Lake country has so many different pads with different cutting abilities and Meguiars only has two (they said their cranberry colored pad is for a rotary). In summary, three questions. - What is your opinion on the G110v2?

- Are Lake country pads compatible with the G110v2?

- Are the two pads by Meguiars enough? (I am not a professional and will be using this to get out swirls and then polish)

Thanks

The G110v2 can definitely be use with Lake Country pads with the standard backing plate.

I`m old school - I like the flat Lake Country pads. How many different kinds you need depends on what products you`re using. Maybe Meguiars is keeping it simple, maybe they`ve configured their products to work well with two pads (Griot`s does, too). Personally, I think they are giving up efficacy in exchange for simplicity, which I don`t think is necessary or a great idea.

Also, I use 3-4 pads per car per product. You could get away with three pretty easily, but I don`t think 2 is going to work well (esp. for polishes) unless you are cleaning the pad at some point.

Not sure what to tell you on the G110v2. A lot of people have said very nice things about them. They are said to be more effective than their competitors. They have a warranty and have a reputable company standing behind them. For me, I prefer the proven platform of the PC (of course, I have a Flex XC 3401 for when I want some extra grunt...).

Best of luck!

BigAl3
03-17-2010, 09:14 PM
I would get the PCXP. Simply for it being reliable. Everyone is claiming how great the new G110 is but I am willing to bet the bugs have not been worked out of the new G110.

it`s been used and abused for hours on end and has been very reliable. read post #89...

Dual Action Polisher G110v2 - Page 9 (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38257&highlight=manheim+auction+failure&page=9)