PDA

View Full Version : LC CCS vs Flat pads. Colors consistant in cutting?

Rez90
03-16-2010, 08:00 PM
I ordered some flat pads this week. This is my first time with them. I was comparing the foam on the orange flat and ccs pad and i noticed that the flat pad seemed much rougher than the ccs pad.

Are they the same in terms of cutting ability? It seems that all of the flat and CCS pads come in the same colors so i see no reason why they should differ but i can tell you that white and orange flat pads felt much more aggressive then the white and orange CCS pads....

Thanks.

Rez90
03-17-2010, 07:04 PM
No one? Someone`s gotta have some info.....

getcha
03-17-2010, 07:10 PM
I really don`t think you will find any noticeable difference between CCS foam and flat foam assuming the color is the same. They should cut and finish just the same..

There was a time however when LC made some low profile flat orange pads and they were just awful. They were stiff and marred a lot more than the orange pads today.

I did however notice myself that the white CCS pads were softer to the touch but the finish left by both the white flat and CCS was the exact same. But I also notice on LC orange pads that are CCS that the dimples do seem a little stiff, but I think that may be because they use some heat and pressure with the mold to make the dimples.