PDA

View Full Version : FK High Temp Paste Wax

baker
03-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Got this last fall, and am liking it a lot, very slick. Does it layer ok?

getcha
03-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Yup. A second layer immediately for even coverage. More layers can be added 12 or so hours later. Experiment a little though, it seems sometimes pastes can be a little goofy depending on a current environmental conditions

Accumulator
03-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Yeah...BUT....

FK1000P layers, but it`s also susceptible to solvent action. The trick is to apply the subsequent layers *VERY* gently so you don`t disturb the underlying/previous layer(s).

If it messes up, you`ll probably see pseudo-holograms that seem to appear out of nowhere. A good buffing with a soft, plush MF and some FK425 usually takes care of them.

I got six applications on the Yukon, but I kinda think of it as being about 4 or five actual "layers".

And watch out for product build-up along tape lines/etc. and in the texture of trim. While FK1000P is a nice "clean" LSP, it *can* still build up when you do a lot of layering.

Rob Tomlin
03-15-2010, 07:23 PM
I haven`t used my FK 1000p in awhile, might have to use some this spring.

Greg Nichols
03-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Baker,

I love 1000P, I wait 24-48 for my next layer. Usually after the next wash. I apply 3 layers for winter and it holds for a good 4 months in harsh conditions.

Like Accumulator said avoid the solvent lifting by waiting, if you cannot understand Very gentle action is a must.

Cheers,

GREG

NSXTASY
03-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Got this last fall, and am liking it a lot, very slick. Does it layer ok?

While it seems you could answer the question yourself..............

It "layers" ok, but as previously mentioned, wait at least a day, if not a wash between "layers". I don`t think that it layers per se, I think that you end up with one thicker layer. I add applications between washes and after the first application on freshly stripped and polished paint, the beading and slickness isn`t spectacular. After each layer between washes it gets better and better. After 5 or so applications its the most durable and protective LSP I have (Range from Collinite to Zaino). I still have the old FK1 tin from 3 years ago and have 6-8oz left.