PDA

View Full Version : griots garage recommendation?

jose206
03-12-2010, 04:36 PM
So I`m planning on going to the griots garage store this weekend to buy a new polisher, anyone recommended any of their other products? I`m thinking about picking up their leather care conditioner. Any suggestions are appreciated.

imported_Jonnyboy
03-12-2010, 05:48 PM
I like their Undercarriage Spray. It really gives the wheel wells that "new car" look. You do have to wipe it off to smooth it out after applying it..... But the clients LOVE the smell. Everyone talks about it when they pick up their cars.

Their new 3" polisher is awesome too. I just got one and I love it. Especially for those hard to reach spots....

Hope this helps.

jose206
03-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks ill definitely have to check out that undercarriage spray, hoe does it compare to other products you`ve used? I just use optimum tire dressing right now.

PWORLDSTANG
03-12-2010, 08:38 PM
There`s 3 products that really stand out in the Griot`s line up that I`ve tried. One is Speed Shine - by far the best looking QD I`ve used. Two is their Car Wash. It is expensive as hell, but offers great lubricity. I suggest buying and trying the 16oz. size first so it doesn`t hurt your pockets (because it will eventually). Lol. Third is their Vinyl and Rubber Dressing. It gives my dash the perfect look, not greasy looking but a nice matte sheen. This is expensive as well, but their 8oz size lasts quite a while.

rdorman
03-12-2010, 08:56 PM
I own damn near every product they have ever sold. For the DIY person, the one stop shopping is hard to beat. Sure, the prices can be high and they tend to the `safe` side. But for the non-pro, they make nice products. I, being a recent member of this forum, have only tried a few of the products widely endorsed here... and they have been good as well. Aside from the products already mentioned, there long lasting tire shine works great, although messy to apply. There wheel cleaner is great. The rubber cleaner as well. The best of show wax while it can be a pain in the a$$ with its huge carnuba content has done very well on some show cars. Overall, a good product and place to start.

Hey, Moe!
03-12-2010, 09:33 PM
For me, I still use Undercarriage spray, and since Santa always brings me a gallon at Christmas, the Car Wash shampoo.

I also have their Wheel Cleaner, and Rubber Cleaner, and still use both.

I used the Best of Show Wax for a while, but found other, better products. I`ll agree with rdorman, it is a PIA.

Going to such a store can be enticing. It`s fun, but not hard to spend a bunch of money.

ALAN81
03-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Griots is a little pricy but they make really good products (glass cleaner,undercarrige spray,speedshine ;clay ;engine cleaner ect)

PWORLDSTANG
03-12-2010, 10:27 PM
There wheel cleaner is great. The rubber cleaner as well. The best of show wax while it can be a pain in the a$$ with its huge carnuba content has done very well on some show cars. Overall, a good product and place to start.

Yes, their wheel cleaner! How the hell could I forget about that? That is a GREAT product as well. Much better value than P21S, yet equally as effective.

Their BOS wax gives off a very nice look, but is a pain to remove as you mentioned. I used it twice and shelved it it was such a pain.

Also, stay away from their Machine Polishes. You`ll break an arm, leg, and pull a few muscles trying to remove that stuff. By far the the hardest (see impossible) to remove products I`ve ever used.