PDA

View Full Version : Lets just say...

Pages : [1] 2

tonyS
03-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Lets say you garunteed your customers that after you detailed their car, water would bead off of it for 12 months. What sealer would you use or is it even possible? I`m taking one layer.

Accumulator
03-12-2010, 01:51 PM
With all the conceivable variables I can`t imagine offering a guarantee like that.

Bert
03-12-2010, 02:09 PM
The only sealant I know of that could possibly do that would be Optimum`s Opti-Coat but I would wait so see how it works for those who have used it so far.

Like Accum, I would not recommend making such a guarantee.

craigdt
03-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Id be careful. I would try several layers of Zaino if I HAD to make that guarantee. Maybe a Collinite

Edit: Not to say those choices will last a year, but they would probably get the closest, of the typical LSP`s we use.

jtford95
03-12-2010, 02:23 PM
I would try that on your own car first. You don`t want to make such promises and it doesn`t work. You have no control of how they take care of there car when your not around. They could be washing it with ajax and telling you that the wax doesn`t last, or you use junk for wax, and your not. Just my opinion.

tonyS
03-12-2010, 02:23 PM
If you were to make a garuntee similar, How long would you say?

vtec92civic
03-12-2010, 04:34 PM
you can`t really guarantee a specified time period. As the other members have mentioned it will all depend on how they upkeep the vehicle. If you just wax the vehicle without properly prepping it the wax won`t last. If they frequent the tunnel washes the wax won`t last and if they wash their vehicle with such soap as dawn or any other dish washing soap like some of the people local to me do . . . . the wax won`t last.

You can say something like " typically you`ll see the water bead up for 2-3 months " but do not guarantee something like that or in the end you will end up eating your words.

acc1079
03-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Another thing to consider.... if you want to make a guarantee.... is stipulate they have to receive a regular washing from you once a month. At least then, you could throw a spray wax on it after every wash. With that, then you could better make a guarantee on water beading.

JohnKleven
03-12-2010, 08:54 PM
That`s easy to do. Just tell them to park the car in the garage for a year. When they pull it out in a year, it should still bead water.

Rob Tomlin
03-13-2010, 11:37 AM
That`s easy to do. Just tell them to park the car in the garage for a year. When they pull it out in a year, it should still bead water.

:LOLOL

Thomas Dekany
03-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Lets say you garunteed your customers that after you detailed their car, water would bead off of it for 12 months. What sealer would you use or is it even possible? I`m taking one layer.

Agree with the others, plus you want those clients come back and see you more often to keep the cars in top shape.

BUT, if I were to guarantee such thing I`d use FK1 #1000.

It will bead and when you wash the car the car will still look great. However it will need claying way before that.

nushine31223
03-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Thats pushing it. Even if your sealant of choice says lasts 12+ months I still dont believe it due to many variables. I always tell my customers roughly 9 months.

On my personal vehicles i only use zaino

dawn wash

z-aio

z-claybar

z-2

z-6

z-2

z-6

z-2

z-6

(this always last 7++ months with an unbeatable shine and bead)

However I use Detail kings STS200 sealant on customers cars with posishing pad and the portercable 7424 of course a good polish for minor paint correction.

Anyways, I also like wolfgangs deep gloss 3.0 sealant.

2k1AmberR/T
03-13-2010, 05:47 PM
I wonder how Accumulator would answer this in regards to Klasse? I guess his method for long lasting protection wouldn`t exactly be included in your typical detail for a customer though...

Accumulator
03-14-2010, 11:53 AM
I wonder how Accumulator would answer this in regards to Klasse? I guess his method for long lasting protection wouldn`t exactly be included in your typical detail for a customer though...

The original premise was "one coat" and IME one coat of KSG isn`t all that durable.

Four to six layers of KSG is a very different matter, but I still wouldn`t make any promises due to all the imponderables. Works great for me, and I don`t mean just six months, but that doesn`t mean it`d work so well for somebody else.

And yeah, that`s be tough for a pro to do; six layers with a 24 hour wait between each....

jeteast99
03-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Do not guarantee this. Some guy can just use wax/grease remover and get a free detail