PDA

View Full Version : LSP Applicator Suggestions...

Pages : [1] 2

dschribs
03-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Anyone have suggestions on what to use for a wax/sealant applicator. I do LSP`s by hand and have always found the old standard yellow foam pads too small to hold on to. They`re just hard to grip -plain and simple.

I found MF applicators with pockets in them for your hands which I love! I use them for applying protectants to interiors. Some thing like that would be perfect for wax but they`re made from MF and a little too large to get into a tin of wax.

audi2.7t
03-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Depending on the wax, you can always take the wax out and apply it to a DA pad (if you have one of course) and use that to apply your wax.

Autogeek
03-12-2010, 12:22 PM
I really like the P21S wax applicators that come with their 100% carnauba wax. We also sell them separately in 2-packs. Very easy to grip and they fit in pretty much any wax jar, including the small openings on the Collinite jars.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/p21s-action.jpg

dschribs
03-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Matt

Can they be washed and reused? Any chance of the two parts seperating??

vtec92civic
03-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Matt

Can they be washed and reused? Any chance of the two parts seperating??

good question . . . . .

Autogeek
03-12-2010, 01:17 PM
I`ve never had an issue with them coming apart. Keep in mind this is a hand LSP applicator, so it`s never going to really see hard use like a cutting pad or something similar.

As for washing, you can wash and reuse them like any other foam applicators...with either a dedicated pad cleaner, or dishwashing detergent.

Junebug
03-12-2010, 01:43 PM
The pads that come with Autoglym HD wax are some of the best I`ve used, and the wax washes out fairly easy with some Dawn. One thing, leave them moist and in a zip lock baggie.

Bunky
03-12-2010, 04:47 PM
I liked the notched foam applicators (about 2 inches total thickness) from Detailer`

s Domain. It has plenty of grip area and does not soak up the lsp any more than standard foam. Your hands stay clean and plenty of leverage over a flat foam.

AeroCleanse
03-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Dodo Juice has some finger applicators that look interesting.

Nutbread
03-12-2010, 05:53 PM
I use these from Adam`s Polishes, I love `em.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/images/Product/medium/460.jpg

fergnation
03-12-2010, 06:25 PM
The P21s applicators are really good. They never seperate and the foam is very thin so you don`t waste product.

I think Griots has a big blue applicator with a slice in them seperating the two sides. I really liked it until it got really dirty.

Old Tiger
03-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Griots makes velcro hand backplates in 3 &5" with a velcro strap to adjust around fingers. These work great on 3-4 or 5.5-6.5 " machine pads. I like the CCS pads. the 4x6 oval pads sold by AG or CG are nice too. Adams has a new hex pad that looks very good too.

ALAN81
03-12-2010, 09:58 PM
I use the ones from Adams they also make another appy light blue that you can see on there website I can use them over and over again just throw them in the wash like I do

Tony1
03-13-2010, 07:40 AM
I still use and prefer the yellow Megs foam applicator. I have a pile of them and they seem to get better with age. I have some that are 6 plus years old and they just glide over the paint and I can lay down a nice even thin coat of product. I hate grabby apps and many of the others I have used just don`t feel right going over the paint. Luckily a supply shop around me stocks the Megs.

Adam's Polishes
03-15-2010, 11:07 AM
I use the ones from Adams they also make another appy light blue that you can see on there website I can use them over and over again just throw them in the wash like I do

I assume you mean our Americana Applicator?

http://www.adamspolishes.com/images/Product/medium/434.jpg

They are nice... I prefer them to the black/red ones as the grip foam is a little more squishy... but they`re both nice IMO. :spot