PDA

View Full Version : Mobile setup question

Richard Grasa
03-12-2010, 09:32 AM
I use ONR for all my washes but I was thinking about putting a small water tank and an electric pressure washer in my truck for any customers who want their undercarraige washed, and for pre-rinsing real dirty vehicles.

So my question is will an electric pressure washer pull the water from the tank itself or do I need to put a pump before the pressure washer? What is the simplest setup for something like this?

jtford95
03-12-2010, 10:05 AM
I would get a small gas power washer instead. I don`t think an electric unit will work.

I`ve never tried it but I don`t think it will work.

GoingGreenDetailing
03-12-2010, 11:00 AM
This is exactly what you need:

Flojet On-Demand Pump — 4.9 GPM, 12 Volt, 3/4in., Model# 04300143A | 12 Volt Pumps | Northern Tool + Equipment (http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_37142_37142)

It is very simple to set up as well. I would also recommend using a 3/4" hose instead of the standard 5/8" for better flow.

I have a switch hooked up, from the battery of the vehicle so that I can start/stop it whenever there is a need.

Hope this helps,

Hugo

Going Green Detailing Machine

Raleigh, NC

WAS
03-13-2010, 01:27 AM
+1 for Flojet products, they make awesome pumps.

P M D
03-13-2010, 09:01 AM
I have been using the same pressure washer for over 15 years with no need for a pump for my van which i have a 65 gallon tank . I even made a 5 gallon bucket with an attachment that connects to my pressure washer that works great too for total mobilty when attached to my eu2000 generator. The brand is kranzel its german made but has a usa site .Not cheap i paid about a grand back in 95 here up in canada.

imported_JoshVette
03-13-2010, 09:22 AM
To be honest, it will be very difficult for you to clean undercarriage parts without lifting the car up so I think it will be a waste unless your clients are asking for that kind of thing...