PDA

View Full Version : Very Dissapointed With Optimum Final Polish

LICamaro85
03-11-2010, 09:59 PM
I used some Optimum Final Polish for the first time today and it did ZERO, NOTHING. I used OC,OP then Optimum final polish with a LC CCS white pad and it did nothing, I could of just finished with Optimum Polish because it did not amp up the gloss or anything. I had the paint 99% free of swirls with the OP and the Final polish took out that other 1% but other than that it did not do anything in terms of gloss, clarity, or reflection. :hmph:

I am going to try it on a rotary tomorrow maybe that has something to do with it but unlikely.

Anyone else use final polish and like/dislike it. All the other Optimum products are very good that why I figured I would try this out. Looks like im going back to my other "finishing polish`s"

- LI 85

craigdt
03-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Well it seems that if it did indeed take out that last 1%, then it did its job.

Maybe you are searching for a jeweling polish, such as 85rd or Ultrafina?

Scottwax
03-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Optimum Polish itself leaves a great finish, so you aren`t going to see a huge difference using Optimum Finish. As you noted, it gets that last 1%.

It does work well with a rotary and a finishing pad and doesn`t hologram. You may like how it works that way better. :nixweiss

LICamaro85
03-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Yea the way I understood it was that final polish was a finishing polish/jeweling polish.

It just dissapointed me to go threw all that time doing a another polishing step for a very small increase in looks.

Yea I will report back when I try it with the rotary.

a.k.a. Patrick
03-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Im curious as to what color you used it on? Not so noticeable until you use it on darks....

LICamaro85
03-12-2010, 12:17 AM
A Medium blue. I say medium because it is not a dark midnight blue and it is not a light blue it is right in the middle. Also it is mettalic.

levander
03-12-2010, 01:33 AM
It just dissapointed me to go threw all that time doing a another polishing step for a very small increase in looks.

Well, did it decrease the time you spent doing the final polish? Maybe next time you`ll realize you`re not getting any increased gloss, just removing final swirls, so maybe next time you`ll be able to integrate that knowledge into your process and not spend so much time with the final polish? Only time spent would be where there`s a swirl already?

I don`t know myself. It just seems obvious that that would be the benefit. I may be wrong.

LICamaro85
03-12-2010, 10:43 PM
How would that be obvious when right on the bottle it says IMPROVES GLOSS, then on autogeek it says it gives the paint ultimate gloss, reflection and shine and makes it POP.

So maybe I am missing something but how would it be obvious that it would not make the paint look any better than OP??

This is a good product for when you have a minimal amount of swirls and do not want to risk putting any more in a just do a 1 step polish its good for that but not want I wanted to do.

I will be going back to ultrafine for my final step in the polishing process.

wfedwar
03-13-2010, 06:29 AM
Why didn`t you use a finishing pad?

Dsoto87
03-13-2010, 07:40 AM
yup, like wfed said, why did you go with the white pad?

If youre trying to jewel it you would obviously go with a no cut pad. Even a black pad would have been a better choice

Chris@Optimum
03-13-2010, 11:21 AM
It has it`s place. You just have to know when you need it. Like others have said. On a dark color with a finishing/finessing pad it does the job. I like it a little better than UF because UF is so thin, I always sling.

a.k.a. Patrick
03-13-2010, 01:37 PM
yup, like wfed said, why did you go with the white pad?

If youre trying to jewel it you would obviously go with a no cut pad. Even a black pad would have been a better choice

The fact is, you can use any pad you like. I wouldnt go as wild as yellow, but Grey, White or Orange are certainly options. Grey would be better suited for "massaging" the paint. And thats how I relate with this product, it fine tunes the paint if you massage it. Dont treat it like a polish.......