PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner/Wax

ol trigger
03-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Anyone have any luck with a combo cleaner/wax? Just looking for something to remove some imperfections/scratches and put some wax down when I don`t have the time for a full detail.

Thanks,

Jim

Accumulator
03-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Cleaner waxes get a bad rep here, but some of them are OK and some are downright good products. And the term "cleaner wax" can cover a lot of ground these days...IMO Autoglym SRP and Klasse`s and Zaino`s AIOs are cleaner waxes, and so are a lot of other good products.

I know plenty of (non-Autopian) people who keep their vehicles very nice with just cleaner waxes, or maybe a cleaner wax topped with a straight wax.

Dan
03-11-2010, 10:49 AM
If you are looking for true correction, you will need to use a machine and something like Meg`s D151. Nothing is really going to remove scratches, much less swirls by hand. If you want something that hides minor swirls, the choices get easier.

The thing about cleaner waxes is they are a big compromise with durability suffering first.

My favorite is Optimum Poli-seal, fair cleaning, good filling and decent durability, and it looks great.

willtothewong
03-11-2010, 12:51 PM
i like using klasse all in one =D

longdx
03-11-2010, 02:08 PM
I would echo "yakky`s" statement that the biggest compromise is durability with a cleaner wax. That being said, I have used cleaner waxes to do quick (re: non autopian/for family/non paying etc) details , but usually follow up with a decent wax (IW845). My daily driver has SS paint (red) that will start to turn pinkish. I am a little leary of doing complete polishing now (after 9 years), so a cleaner wax(followed by a more durable wax) is appropriate alternative in my case.

Dan
03-11-2010, 03:39 PM
I would echo "yakky`s" statement that the biggest compromise is durability with a cleaner wax. That being said, I have used cleaner waxes to do quick (re: non autopian/for family/non paying etc) details , but usually follow up with a decent wax (IW845). My daily driver has SS paint (red) that will start to turn pinkish. I am a little leary of doing complete polishing now (after 9 years), so a cleaner wax(followed by a more durable wax) is appropriate alternative in my case.

LOL... I do the same, one of my fav combos was #66 followed by 845. I really like #66 because it is a strong chemical cleaner with a bit of correcting ability. I`d love to find something similar to #66 with no fillers or protection, basically a strong cleaner with a mild polish and top that with 845.