PDA

View Full Version : Who here use`s the Surbuf pads.

superchargedg
03-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Just wondering who here uses these pads and what succses you are having with them.I actually like them after trying them last year with menz SIP and 106ff and was able to finish down pretty darn well with them on my Flex 3401.

I purposley introduced minor swirls on my car this winter to see how they will do with some M205 as a light cutting polish......but if that dosent work out comes the SIP.

BigAl3
03-10-2010, 09:23 PM
look up bryan`s ( gmblack3a ) threads, he`s been using them for quite some time...

Strokin04
03-10-2010, 09:44 PM
I agree with BigAl3, Bryan (gmblack3a) has answered many questions for me about surbuf pads and he does some amazing work using them. Below is a thread started by Kevin Brown filled with really good info from Kevin and Bryan.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/machine-polishing/116878-surbuf-pad-paired-m105-pc-defect-killer.html

gmblack3
03-11-2010, 06:02 AM
I use the sufbuf pads with M105 and a R/O. Read the link in my sig for some tips.

Accumulator
03-11-2010, 10:51 AM
If you`re gonna use the SurBufs with something mild, for less-than-aggressive work, be careful that you don`t deflect/bend the "fingers" too much. I messed up the Jag with a *very* mild product via SurBufs and I suspect that`s what the problem was.

Blinky
03-11-2010, 08:27 PM
I tried the SurBuf with a R/O and System One on the hood of my car recently. The method outlined by GMBlack3a was used. Results were satisfactory. Two passes produced a slight haze which was then buffed to nice gloss using a fine foam pad. Not sure I would use this method all the time.

gmblack3
03-11-2010, 09:08 PM
I tried the SurBuf with a R/O and System One on the hood of my car recently. The method outlined by GMBlack3a was used. Results were satisfactory. Two passes produced a slight haze which was then buffed to nice gloss using a fine foam pad. Not sure I would use this method all the time.

What kind of defects did your hood have?

ocd dave
03-11-2010, 09:17 PM
I love the Surbuf & M105 combo for defects that seem to be on the the edge of needing sanding and on soft paints for defects that would normally need a little sanding.

it has surprised me many times and save me a lot of time!

Blinky
03-11-2010, 11:02 PM
What kind of defects did your hood have?

Some acid rain etching. While I didn`t completely remove the spots, they`re hardly noticeable now.

gmblack3
03-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Some acid rain etching. While I didn`t completely remove the spots, they`re hardly noticeable now.

I never tried the system one polish.