PDA

View Full Version : How durable is your flex 3401

Pages : [1] 2

sparklescarwash
03-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Just thought to see how old you flex 3401 is mine is close to probley at least two years old Bought it when they first came out use probley 1-3 hours a day 5 days a week. Still going strong. Broke my side handle off the outher day.This thing takes a beating.I will be adding another one to my shop.

superchargedg
03-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Ive had mine for 2+ years now and still working like a champ.

Thomas Dekany
03-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Perfect so far - over 2 years old?

vtec92civic
03-10-2010, 10:10 PM
perfect so far as it sits in the shop that sells them LoL . . . . sorry i don`t have one.

alloutdetailing
03-11-2010, 01:11 AM
2 months strong!!!! Woot Woot!

DM101
03-11-2010, 04:55 AM
2+ years and love every minute I use it.

rwisejr
03-11-2010, 06:35 AM
2+ years here and trouble free!!!

Autogeek
03-11-2010, 08:36 AM
Been running mine HARD for 2 years. Pretty much always on speed 6, and it has never skipped a beat.

imported_slicknickis3
03-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Like you Matt, I run mine hard and every day for the past 2+ years. Only had to replace the backing plate; other than that, the machine has been perfect. I`ll be adding a second soon.

Scottwax
03-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Still need to get one but I`m not dropping $300 on a polisher when I have a perfectly good DA and a rotary and it WON`T STOP RAINING HERE FOR MORE THAN A FEW DAYS AT A TIME!!!! /rant about the weather :p

Autogeek
03-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Still need to get one but I`m not dropping $300 on a polisher when I have a perfectly good DA and a rotary and it WON`T STOP RAINING HERE FOR MORE THAN A FEW DAYS AT A TIME!!!! /rant about the weather :p

Yeah, I know you take awhile to catch on to certain things ;)....I remember when I first started out here and would read all your threads with cars you polished out by hand. :D

Scottwax
03-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Yeah, I know you take awhile to catch on to certain things ;)....I remember when I first started out here and would read all your threads with cars you polished out by hand. :D

Well, with a rotary and a G110, I can pretty much handle anything anyway. Paint was a lot softer when I started detailing full time in the early 90s but now there is no way to remove swirls without a machine. :waxing:

The weather has been miserable here so I limit my purchases to what I need so I don`t start going into my savings. 40% chance of afternoon rain today out of nowhere so my morning customer already cancelled.

Autogeek
03-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Well, with a rotary and a G110, I can pretty much handle anything anyway. Paint was a lot softer when I started detailing full time in the early 90s but now there is no way to remove swirls without a machine. :waxing:

The weather has been miserable here so I limit my purchases to what I need so I don`t start going into my savings. 40% chance of afternoon rain today out of nowhere so my morning customer already cancelled.

I hear you. I`ve been trying to detail as many cars as I can lately before rainy season kicks in. Speaking of which, we have some nasty clouds moving in as we speak.

FWIW, if I had your rotary skills and a G110/PC/Griots DA/whatever, I wouldn`t bother with the 3401 either.

Scottwax
03-11-2010, 09:23 AM
I hear you. I`ve been trying to detail as many cars as I can lately before rainy season kicks in. Speaking of which, we have some nasty clouds moving in as we speak.

Bad enough here I went to Phoenix for a week to work. Last week was really nice but we had rain Sunday, Monday, yesterday morning and now possibly this afternoon. :hairpull

FWIW, if I had your rotary skills and a G110/PC/Griots DA/whatever, I wouldn`t bother with the 3401 either.

Thanks, I appreciate that. :)

Autogeek
03-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Bad enough here I went to Phoenix for a week to work. Last week was really nice but we had rain Sunday, Monday, yesterday morning and now possibly this afternoon. :hairpull

Thanks, I appreciate that. :)

Sucks, but that`s how it is pretty much everyday in the summer afternoons here in FL. I saw that thread you made for your Arizona trip...very cool stuff! :hifive:

Anyways, don`t want to derail the thread too much, sorry OP!