PDA

View Full Version : Taking black to another level

Pages : [1] 2

Striker
03-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Ok guys, heres the deal-

I need some suggestions on product selection. I have a black 99 WS6 that is FAR from a daily driver. The car gets driven in NO bad weather and it is a weekend/car show toy. I drive her 2-3K per year.

I`ve used Zaino with positive results, but just like a lot of you on here-I WANT MORE! I am bringing the car out this May and it will have new suspension and a lower stance so I really wanna take the look of the paint to another level. I feel that there has to be something out that will truelly make it pop and surpass zaino in terms of looks.

The paint surface is great. No scratches, swirls, marring, etc. Just clean looking for an unsurpassed shine.

Dan
03-10-2010, 12:29 PM
What have you done in regard to actually polishing the paint? That will give you the most bang for the buck as far as ultimate shine.

Zaino works well on some colors and is very shiney, are you looking for more shine? Or are you interested in depth?

Taking it to another level is pretty broad, but I`d start of with a good finishing polish like PO85RD, and if it was mine, for show, I`d be using Pinnacle Souveran

Striker
03-10-2010, 12:49 PM
What have you done in regard to actually polishing the paint? That will give you the most bang for the buck as far as ultimate shine.

Zaino works well on some colors and is very shiney, are you looking for more shine? Or are you interested in depth?

Taking it to another level is pretty broad, but I`d start of with a good finishing polish like PO85RD, and if it was mine, for show, I`d be using Pinnacle Souveran

I`ve polished the paint using Menzerna products, specificaly Menz IP and FP to be specific. I`ve heard of Pinnacle Souveran last year when I made a thread asking for the best wax for black. This is the one that`s pretty price, the pure white carnuba wax, correct?

Dan
03-10-2010, 01:45 PM
If you are patient, Autogeek runs a sale with two containers for $100, but yeah, that`s the right stuff. Some people love it, some don`t, but it is one of those waxes that you will definitely notice, it has a very unique look, and very wide range, it really does look good from all angles. Its Achilles heel is dust, it seems love it, but on a show car, that shouldn`t matter.

jrock817
03-10-2010, 01:48 PM
i may get flamed for this, but personally i love the look of KAIO. ive tried a bunch of different combinations on black (i have an 03 cobra) also on a car that sees maybe 3k per year. of all the combinations, i think KAIO, and the red moose machine glaze with their white carnuba liquid wax was another nice combo with not as much durability. it looks like a "candy shell" is on the car. even if you dont like it, it is so easy to put on, and so cheap for the small bottle, its worth just trying once.

Striker
03-10-2010, 03:50 PM
I must say, the pricey Pinnacle Souveran Carnuna wax looks very tempting!

P-nut
03-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Save some money and get the P21S carnauba wax instead of Souveran. It`s just as good and some shootouts have shown it to be even slightly superior.

Dan
03-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Save some money and get the P21S carnauba wax instead of Souveran. It`s just as good and some shootouts have shown it to be even slightly superior.

So you`ve used both and think P21S is better that Souveran?

imported_advs1
03-10-2010, 07:33 PM
if you want the ultimate reflection and glossy wet look, color sand that puppy. no amount of polishing will remove orange peel and with that present you wont get those sharp reflections

Striker
03-10-2010, 08:01 PM
I thought about getting the car wet sanded. There`s a local fella that`s spent his whole career in the body shop industry and he did my friends black 98 GS-R Intergra and I was :bow He charged him $200.

As for P21S, I know that there are two versions of this wax. I have the one with the blue lid, not the silver. (cheaper of the two)

LICamaro85
03-10-2010, 08:26 PM
I would go with the Wolfgang Fuzion wax it looks unreal. By far some of the best wax I have ever used and it is sooooo easy to apply and remove.

If you do want to go with the fuzion I have a brand new tub I will let go for 40 bucks shipped.

craigdt
03-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Poorboys Nattys Blue over Zaino- Wow! One of my favorite combos.

Nattys blue is a great beauty wax for a small price.

Scottwax
03-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Do whatever polishing the paint needs, then finish with 3M Ultrafina if using a rotary or Clearkote`s RMG via DA polisher and top with Carnauba Moose. Makes black paint look like a pool of ink.

Striker
03-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Do whatever polishing the paint needs, then finish with 3M Ultrafina if using a rotary or Clearkote`s RMG via DA polisher and top with Carnauba Moose. Makes black paint look like a pool of ink.

I plan on working with a rotary. I was gonna go Menz IP+FP and that was it. You recommend a third step? It`s either going to be the above combo or the ever so popular M105/205 combo with a orange/white pad.

Scottwax
03-11-2010, 09:11 AM
3M Ultrafina when used properly means zero holograms. ZERO! Plus it adds a very carnauba like depth to the finish.