PDA

View Full Version : where do i start??

BLACKSMOKE
12-28-2005, 05:26 PM
i have a 13 month old white gm truck,just got a new pc and the deluxe zaino kit with z-8 and z-pc fusion but was told to remove everything inc. swirls.What pads and juice should i use,paint is clean but has very mild swirls.......HELP!!

cwcad
12-28-2005, 07:00 PM
It would be nice to have pictures of your vehicle.

with that said if you want to go all the way and get perfect paint surface here is what you do.

wash Z7
clay
wash Z7
polish(depending on condition of your paint)SSR2.5 or Menzerna IP with medium cutting pad
polish with SSR1 or FPll with polishing pad
ZPC with Polishing pad Z6 wipe down
Z5/ZFX x 3 with Z6 wipedowns between layers
24 hoursa later Z2Pro/ZFX x 3 with Z6 between two layers with a Z8 wipedown after fianl layer.
24 hours later Z8 wipedown to complete the detail.

Use what ever polish that you want to use. I chose two that I am familiar with. There are a lot of them out there. If you have minor surface marring/swirls SSR 2.5 could be replaced with SSR2 or what ever polish is less aggressive and still get the job done.

Same thing for pads. That is why I used terms rather than colors.

You asked ...I answered :smile

BLACKSMOKE
12-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Sorry i have no pix. ill get some soon but i dont think pix would show much as my paint looks great in all but direct sunlight,just some haze and very slight swirl marks, other than that ive done a complete clay 2-3 weeks ago.So ill start from scratch,which 1st polish would be the least agressive and on what speed on the PC would be best??? ill look for a camera soon!! thanx all!!