PDA

View Full Version : It`s been a while and I have questions about pads.

AutoFreak615
03-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Hi everyone. Haven`t posted here in a long time but my pads are due for a replacement and need help.

I have been using Sonus DAS pads with 3M products since I first learned.

Being that the Sonus DAS pads have been discontinued for quite some time now, I was wondering which pads on the market today comparable to the Sonus DAS Orange and Green pads in terms of cutting and ease of use?

I am using a PC, 3M 39002, 39003, 39009 and Klasse.

I know there are better products out there but I am just use to the way these products work together and I still have some left. Just the pads are ripping.

Thanks in advance.

vtec92civic
03-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Hi everyone. Haven`t posted here in a long time but my pads are due for a replacement and need help.

I have been using Sonus DAS pads with 3M products since I first learned.

Being that the Sonus DAS pads have been discontinued for quite some time now, I was wondering which pads on the market today comparable to the Sonus DAS Orange and Green pads in terms of cutting and ease of use?

I am using a PC, 3M 39002, 39003, 39009 and Klasse.

I know there are better products out there but I am just use to the way these products work together and I still have some left. Just the pads are ripping.

Thanks in advance.

there are a few pads. I just got some Sonus pads from a buddy of mine but have yet to use them. I believe they can still be found at some places but are getting pretty tough to generally find.

I use and like Uber Pads from Detailers Domain. I use to use CCS pads but these things are a world of a difference.

so i would say: Uber Pads or LC Constant Pressure Flat Pads.

AutoFreak615
03-08-2010, 05:42 PM
thanks. i was looking at the flat pads. I may give those a try but I am unsure how the cutting strength is.

This is a description from another site:

Orange Light Cutting Foam 6.5" - Firm, high density foam for scratch and defect removal. Use this pad with polishes and swirl removers. It’s an all around pad that will work on most light to moderate imperfections.

So does "most light to moderate imperfections" mean it will take out 2000 grit sanding?

AutoFreak615
03-09-2010, 01:44 PM
anyone?

i would like to order some pads soon.

thanks.

getcha
03-09-2010, 02:12 PM
The most consistent and versatile pads I have used and currently still use are LC orange, white and black pads. I have polished via rotary and PC and to this day, these pads are still my go to.

I prefer flat, but have noticed nothing really different about the CCS pads aside from the marketing..

Ashford
03-10-2010, 11:28 AM
not sure sorry I could not help.

AutoFreak615
03-10-2010, 01:15 PM
I ordered some LC constant pressure pads last nite. Orange White and Green. I never had a chance to use anything but flat pads so I will stick with it. Hope they are as good as the Sonus DAS. Don`t know why they discontinued them.

thanks again.