PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Ozone

StadiumDetail
03-08-2010, 11:13 AM
I mentioned in a thread a while back about a product called Liquid Ozone that my distributor mentioned to me. It is a product that when mixed with water realeases Chlorine Dioxide gas into a closed vehicle, this gas will kill odor causing agents including bacteria very much like an ozone machine does.

Well, I finally got the product this past Friday and I`ve got the perfect vehicle for a tester, 2004 VW Bettle convertable. It was dropped off today for a cleanup, it`s been parked in a barn for the last year or so and the owner told me the windows had been stuck in the down position and the car got rained in and it now has a really bad mildew smell in it. First is the cleanup to get rid of the mold and mildew inside the car as much as possible, then tonight I will use the Liquid Ozone to see if it will remove the mildew odor as described, check back tomorrow for that update.

A couple members here posed some really good questions about the dangers of Chlorine Dioxide gas that I discussed with my distributor. First, it is extreemly harmful to breathe (but so is an ozone machine) but as long as a person isn`t in the car they should be fine. Second is a really important thing to know, and is mentioned heavily in the directions, Chlorine Dioxide gas is very flamable in high concentrations. My distributor said although the product is flamable as long as the engine is off, fans are off to reduce potential spark and the detailer isn`t a complete idiot then it is prefectly safe.

The product itself costs me $12.95 per treatment, and I`m charging $40 to the customer. If it works it will be a very economical solution to a $400 ozone machine.

The linked youtube vid is not me nor my distributor, but it does show the product and gives a great discription of all warnings and procedures.

YouTube - Auto Trim DESIGN Liquid Ozone Chlorine Dioxide Odor Elimination Kit - How To Remove Odor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEjUl9TkB5o)

I`ll try to answer any questions you have, but until tomorrow I won`t konw what outcome of the test vehicle is.

solstice
03-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Has liquid ozone been tested for prolonged health effects? I have an issue with chlorine gas, as i don`t want to cause any grief to any end clients. The smell of a swimming pool at the end of the treatment might put some people off as well.

A ozone machine doesn`t seem to leave any noticeable smell at the end, plus ozone dissipates completely once the doors are opened. Also this treatment seems to be more like utilizing a strong cleaner.

Let us know more on what you think when the test is done.

StadiumDetail
03-09-2010, 07:30 AM
Treatment it done, recirculate is on for the next 15min or so and then a few hours to air out. Full write up later in the day.

First impressions are that it isn`t near as dangerous as the warning lables make it out to be, there is enough gas to be effective but it isn`t like it`s fogging up the car.

Solstice, the smell isn`t that bad either. There is certainly an odor, but equating it to a swmming pool is about as far from the truth as possible, if anything I would say it is more like a plastic smell than anything. I could also see how it could dissipate very quickly, but I`ll know for certain later in the day.

neighborsenvy
09-24-2010, 07:35 PM
what were the results

mdbohica
09-27-2010, 05:57 PM
what were the results

I guess we know the results. Either the gas killed him or ate his laptop...:chuckle:

neighborsenvy
09-27-2010, 07:51 PM
lol. Atleast that means that it killed the odor.