PDA

View Full Version : Another PayPal warning

jaybs02
12-28-2005, 10:33 AM
Once again I have recieved an email, asking me to verify my account information for PayPal.
This is a scam, I know this because I don`t even have a PayPal account.
Here is what the email looks like

Dear PayPal Member,

Your account has been randomly flagged in our system as a part of our routine security measures. This is a must to ensure that only you have access and use of your PayPal account and to ensure a safe PayPal experience. We require all flagged accounts to verify their information on file with us. To verify your Information at this time, please visit our secure server webform by clicking the hyperlink below:

www. paypal .com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, update your preferences here.

PayPal Email ID PP478

The senders email was service @ paypall .com

Please do not fall for this scam. I have forwarded the message to spoof@paypal. com

"J"

grisby
12-28-2005, 10:49 AM
I get those all the time and even forward them to Paypal. They give me an automated response thanking me and telling me what to do to my account.

The amazing thing is I do not have a PayPal account!!

bill g

CharlesW
12-28-2005, 10:55 AM
Now you tell me.
I just sent all that stuff they ask for including my SS number, CC number, bank account number and a copyof my birth certificate.
Oh well, it wasn`t a lot of extra effort since I just copied the information I had sent to this guy in Nigeria that I`m helping get some money out of the country. :lol:

Since they continue to try all these scams, they must get a sucker once in awhile, but I can`t imagine how anyone could fall for them.

Charles

jaybs02
12-28-2005, 11:18 AM
Oh so you too are the last relative of some miner or engineer or what ever that got killed (along with the rest of his family) and when you send all your info they will transfer his hundreds of thousands to you too.

But it has been said before that there is a "sucker born every minute", and the proof is that people still reply to these things. Thats why we still get them.

"J"

norahcrv
12-28-2005, 11:36 AM
Oh so you too are the last relative of some miner or engineer or what ever that got killed (along with the rest of his family) and when you send all your info they will transfer his hundreds of thousands to you too.
. . . "J"

They said that I was his last living relative?? :(

To me the real tragedy is seeing the number of "suckers" that were born many, many, many minutes ago!! They grew up trusting those in positions of authority & are now easy victims for these scammers, often losing everything they have worked all their lives to save. :(

lonewolf0420
12-28-2005, 01:22 PM
Foward them to spoof@paypal.com

hemin8r
12-28-2005, 02:25 PM
What is up with these people???? I almost gave in to one of those Nigeria guys. Only this guy was in London & wanted to buy some tires that I was selling for $600.00 over what I was asking for & for me to send him the difference. He would pay for the shipper to come to my place to pick them up & add an extra $200.00 for my trouble. After I told him I would except his cashiers check & hold for 10-12 until it clears. He didn`t like that very much. He said it had to be a quick exchange otherwise it couldn`t happen. YEAH RIGHT. I really hate these scammers. Careful out there guys!!

Jngrbrdman
12-28-2005, 02:32 PM
I tell ya... If I had a dime for every one of those that I got then I`d be a rich man. I have a paypal account and it is registered at only one address. I find it funny that I get notices like this on accounts that I haven`t ever used paypal with. I`ve even gotten them at my ocdetails.com addresses. The only way people get those is if they have a bot harvest them off my website. This is why it is a bad idea to post your email address anywhere. Bots come through and look for that kind of stuff.

CharlesW
12-28-2005, 05:52 PM
What is up with these people???? I almost gave in to one of those Nigeria guys. Only this guy was in London & wanted to buy some tires that I was selling for $600.00 over what I was asking for & for me to send him the difference. He would pay for the shipper to come to my place to pick them up & add an extra $200.00 for my trouble. After I told him I would except his cashiers check & hold for 10-12 until it clears. He didn`t like that very much. He said it had to be a quick exchange otherwise it couldn`t happen. YEAH RIGHT. I really hate these scammers. Careful out there guys!!This is a pretty common scam.
The cashiers check will obviously be a forgery, but people seem to think someone is going to give them something for nothing.
That`s usually just the detailing supply vendors. :bigups :bigups :bigups

Charles

Jngrbrdman
12-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Click here for the best scammer revenge EVVVAAAAR!!! (http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/)

Miami_Sunset
12-28-2005, 06:02 PM
it is simple. I once got a e-mail saying a Rolex was being charged for 4,000 i was like WTF. But there was one thing that made me feel safe. PayPal always refers to you by your name & not ---- Dear, Pay Pal Member --- :emlaugh: it also good to check your account on the direct paypal site. Also never log into your paypal @ work. I know IT guys that have scammed workers @ work. :hang:

hemin8r
12-28-2005, 07:45 PM
The Scammer revenge story was great!! It was like a mini movie.